Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Liberals

(Wayne County)

Default NJ Liberals

NJ Liberals are doing their best to drive gun owners out of the State. The rash of bills they jammed through Committee today and will be approved by the Dem controlled Assembly reek of fascism, yes fascism. I still have to work in NJ/NY but I don't have to live there. Matamoras has caught my attention because it is close to the Port Jervis line. How 2A friendly is that town? I would hate to move there and learn it is Dem controlled and having them embrace anti-gun laws locally despite pre-emption (I heard Philly is famous for that). In my wife and me you will have two Pro-2A voters headed your way, and fast. I was on this forum a few years ago looking to make this move and then the economy collapsed. I don't have much of a choice now.

Know any good realtors that support the 2A in Pike or Wayne? A good realtor is the fundamental requirement, but I could have a lot of questions about where to shoot, local gun clubs and things. I don't need some liberal realtor looking like he or she just swallowed a lemon if I raise the subject.

Similarly, I need a Pro 2A lawyer for advice on how I establish residence and get my firearms legally transported into PA, timing it so that when I lose my NJ resident status, I have my firearms out of NJ so as not to be owning them illegally as a non-resident.

Any help for a political refugee from NJ would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(Pike County)

Default Re: NJ Liberals

Matamoras or Milford are good towns. They both fall under the jurisdiction of the Pike County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff Bueki is pro 2A and obtaining your LTCF is straightforward. Open carry is fine and normally accepted in many places in Pike county.

BTW, I don't think you'd need to find a 2A friendly realtor. Just find a good one. You can get all your firearm info regarding PA here.
    Last edited by amstel78; February 14th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

my brother is comin out of scotch plains over here in the next couple months. for same reasons. his story is virtually your op.

(Monroe County)

I'm a NJ transplant myself. Make sure you look around really well because you get a lot for your NJ buck in real estate over here. If you don't mind being just outside of towns like Milford or Matamoros you get even MORE for your money and less in property taxes. In 2003 I sold my house in NJ for 250k with $4200 per year in taxes and bought one over here twice as big for 104k and $900 per year in taxes. Never regretted it for a second. I know several people with only a few acres who have small gun ranges right on their own property and never had a hassle with neighbors or police. Whole different world over here. And make damn sure you don't end up in any of the "bad" areas over here, that's where a good agent comes in handy. They'll know what's bad and what's not. Best of luck.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Pike County)

Good for you! I live in Dingmans Ferry and work in Randolph New Jersey. A long commute. But when I come home to Pennsylvania I get a warm fuzzy feeling. LOL!

A lot of people up here commute to New Jersey for work. When I lived by Lake Wallenpaupack I knew someone who drove to Newark every day. Now that was a long drive.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    I know several people with only a few acres who have small gun ranges right on their own property and never had a hassle with neighbors or police.
    I'm sure that will change over time as more antis move here also.

(Pike County)

I drive from Gold Key to Newburgh for work. I think it's 62 miles from my house to the firehouse. But when you're working 24hr shifts, you never notice the drive.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    I'm sure that will change over time as more antis move here also.
    This is a growing concern as I see more and more people buying "summer houses" and eventually moving into the area from NJ/NY. The worst thing is the amount of people that aren't just gun owners jumping the border to more freedom, there is a large influx from places like Brooklyn, Bronx, etc.

OP, if you are interested my wife's cousin is a realtor and works out of the Davis Chant Milford office.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    Davis Chant Milford office.
    That's who we used when we jumped the border. For the life of me can't remember the agents name now. But they were awesome to deal with, and honest

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    That's who we used when we jumped the border. For the life of me can't remember the agents name now. But they were awesome to deal with, and honest
    HAHA She has to be honest if I refer someone, otherwise I get to give her crap about it... Her name is Nikki Patrisso
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast