Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NJ Liberals

Default Re: NJ Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    HAHA She has to be honest if I refer someone, otherwise I get to give her crap about it... Her name is Nikki Patrisso
    if she doesn't stand up to par I imagine your gonna get shitstorm for it.

I don't usually refer friends and family unless im 100% confident. but that's just me.

(Wayne County)

Thanks to everyone for their answers. Incredible that we are going to have to put this together so quickly, but NJ is behaving just like NY. I can see this being law within 30 days or less. No debate, no facts -- just governance by dictate and tyranny of the majority sweeping all rights aside. One Dem at the hearing yesterday proudly proclaimed "There is no time for talk, it is time to act!" Yeah, just like Hugo Chavez would have it. I guess "no time to think" should have been put in there somewhere.

(Pike County)

FWIW, my office is in midtown Manhattan. I live in Shohola. It's a 96 mile trip one way. It's worth it to me...

Curious, but what are some of the bad areas near Milford? I've been living up here for several years now and have yet to come across something I consider bad. Then again, I used to live in NYC before so my standards may be different than others.

Another good realtor to work with is Anne Marie Bartlett out of Milford. She was with Weichert when I bought. I think she's with Keller Williams now though. She's a trustworthy person to do business with.

http://www.annemariebartlett.com
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: NJ Liberals

go up to Hemlock Realty on rt739 and ask for patty Magie, help us with all when we moved up, Very 2A friendly knows the area quite well. Highly reccommended.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    This is a growing concern as I see more and more people buying "summer houses" and eventually moving into the area from NJ/NY. The worst thing is the amount of people that aren't just gun owners jumping the border to more freedom, there is a large influx from places like Brooklyn, Bronx, etc.

OP, if you are interested my wife's cousin is a realtor and works out of the Davis Chant Milford office.
    It might shock you to know I moved here from Brooklyn when I was 20, trust me when I say the lib-tards didn't brainwash all of us. In fact I have come to appreciate my new found freedoms and grew a strong desire to see them protected.

To the OP when you move here make sure you research the property taxes/school taxes, where my family moved we are brutalized by our school district. If we lived a block north of our current location we would be paying a lot less.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; February 15th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonesriver1862 View Post
    NJ Liberals are doing their best to drive gun owners out of the State...
    I couldn't agree more. These bills are surely going to get rammed through the way they did with the OGAM (One Gun A Month) law a couple years ago. No matter how much testimony was offered, they went ahead with it. It's just the way NJ works, and it won't get any better any time soon.

As a former NJ resident (Bergen and Ocean counties) who moved here 3 years ago this coming April, I can tell you that I'm not looking back for even one second. I've had the good fortune to find like-minded friends in the area, and also in my community (Gold Key Lake).

For realtors, I'd suggest Peggy Koch of Dingman Agency. Very right-leaning and not a hard-sell approach.

If you think you'd like to snoop around the area, I'd be happy to drive you around, though there are other fellas here that are far more familiar with the area than I am.

To touch on the comment about 'bad' areas, some communities have suffered more from the influx of sub-prime buyers more than others, and that becomes a bit obvious as you drive through a neighborhood and look around. This is especially true of areas further South closer to Rt. 80 such as Marshall's Creek and East Stroudsburg, though it's starting to correct itself.

There are occasional reports of drugs, burglaries and the like, but that seems to be diminishing as those "problem children" move out of the area having lost their homes due to the mortgage meltdown. I also tend to agree with amstel78 that it's a matter of perspective - for those of us who are used to NJ levels of crime, it's pretty tame. Every neighborhood - even the "nice" ones with McMansions - have their share of problems. Those folks just do a better job of hiding it.

On the whole, life up here is great. Lots to do in the warmer weather, and I hope that as we get more residents moving in having been burned by the NJ and NY legislatures, that we stack the odds further in our favor and keep Pike County politically right-leaning, and an entirely gun-friendly place to live.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    I drive from Gold Key to Newburgh for work. I think it's 62 miles from my house to the firehouse. But when you're working 24hr shifts, you never notice the drive.
    you work on stewart? part of crash fire rescue or whatever the ANG calls it? I believe Ive ran into you in gold n guns once.

I drive 67 miles one way to my office when i go. It puts miles on your car quick but other than that its not so bad. Ive actually looked at jobs in livingston.

(Pike County)

Hello all I'm new here as well, just not new to Pike. Well, I can see I've joined a group of like minded individuals...Gun owners, NY/NJ transplants and commuters!!!

I can say I love Pike County, PA...I moved here from Orange County, NY in 2002 and I moved there from Passaic County, NJ in 1989. I like to hunt and the hunting opportunities in NJ were getting limited, so I moved to NY. I had some great private land to deer hunt for a few years and then the property owner decided to sell to developers and then 9/11 happened and the hoards of people started coming up to OC to buy houses. I also was in the process of buying and was out bid several times on houses, tired of going further and further north into NY I decided to do as Horace Greeley(Yes, the namesake of the town here in Pike) said "Go west young man."

I work in Peekskill, NY, drive the 70 miles from Dingmans Ferry to there for work and back...As NathanB said it puts miles on your car, I drive a 02 Chevy Avalanche I bought used in 06, it had 52,000 on the odometer, I know have over 220,000. To me Pike County is well worth the gas money and the sometimes aggravating commute, there is good people here and good schools for my kids.

A couple weeks back I applied for my LTCF and bought a pistol...First gun I've bought in 20 years, just never thought of buying one in NY as the hoops you have to jump through and in NJ just to get a shotgun back then in NJ was a chore. Had a reminder the other day about NJ's laws...I stopped in Augusta at Skylands on 206 to buy pistol ammo and was asked for my FID, when I said I was a PA resident he turned and put the two boxes right back on the shelf....Shame, nice shop and was planning on making other purchases, but that's the law.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    you work on stewart? part of crash fire rescue or whatever the ANG calls it? I believe Ive ran into you in gold n guns once.
    Yea that would probably be me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Curious, but what are some of the bad areas near Milford? I've been living up here for several years now and have yet to come across something I consider bad. Then again, I used to live in NYC before so my standards may be different than others.
    http://www.annemariebartlett.com
    Nothing right nearby that I'm aware of, some areas south of Milford on 209 below Bushkill. Just a general caution to anyone moving here from NJ/NY, looking at prices may lead to these areas...they don't always look bad...again, the realtors are well informed...mine saved my butt...she wouldn't even let me LOOK at houses in some of the areas around me...but I'm in Monroe County...general rule: avoid gated communities - not bad people in particular, but hassles and fees
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast