Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

Did a quick search and didn't find anything. Sorry if it has been posted.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/po...-against-feds/

February 13, 2013 by Tim Brown
    Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

My friends, there is hope. Law enforcement officers at the local level are making their stand and they want you to be a part of that. While I’ve written on various sheriffs that have made their own stance to protect their citizens from anyone attempting to confiscate guns, I recently ran across Police Chief Mark Kessler of the Gilberton Borough Police Department in Pennsylvania. He wants citizens to join with his police department in building a “reserve force” that will aid his police force should the need arise to resist Federal authorities when it comes to the Second Amendment.

I spoke with Chief Kessler and he is most definitely a patriot and a Constitutionalist. The police force is quite small in his town and, much like my own town, criminal activity is not rampant.
    The reserve force will be made up of volunteers, they can be past or current police officers with act 120 training, along with non law enforcement personnel interested in joining the reserve force. All non law enforcement personnel won’t have any powers to arrest, but will be required to go through a background check, supply their own duty gear, uniform (military BDU, etc), weapons, ammunition. Everyone will be required to attend a firearms certification course to qualify with both long gun and hand gun at a rate set by the firearm instructor. There will also be hand to hand combat training, knife fighting training, urban combat training, sniper courses, search and rescue etc. The reserve force would only be called upon in the event of a Federal invasion or foreign invasion of the jurisdiction. They would not be called on in ordinary police work nor would they have arrest powers. This reserve force would be distinct from militia, according to Kessler.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/02/po...#ixzz2KzX43kRW
    Last edited by hertz; February 15th, 2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: add portion of the story in post

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

Sounds like he was a LEO for the right reasons. I commend him for saying what he said on camera.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Blair County)

Default Re: Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

Wish that was my police chief.

I too wish there were more like that.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Fulton County)

Thumbs up Re: Police Chief Wants Citizens As ‘Reserve Force’ To Defend Against Feds

Here is the full interview on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc344RviWYU

I have to say, I was impressed by this man. This guy is my new hero.

(Erie County)

excellent we need more like him!!
    live to ride

I would be first in line on that! Wish my LPD would do this

(York County)

Too bad I don't live in his town. I wish my local police chief had the cojones to do this.

(Chester County)

Lol this is awesome. But my question is what's the legality of this? I know there are reserve police officers but can you specifically call upon citizens to fight the fed?
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Berks County)

OK, time to move

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Lol this is awesome. But my question is what's the legality of this? I know there are reserve police officers but can you specifically call upon citizens to fight the fed?
    Why not? Anyone can call for volunteers for anything. They're not actual officers, have no arrest powers, and have to pay for their own gear/training.

Technically, the county Sheriff is the highest LEO in the county, and in the event of a dispute between him and local law enforcement, his authority overrides that of the police chiefs and any feds within the county. However, I don't believe there's anything in the law that prevents police chiefs from taking an anti-fed stance (and using volunteers to do it), as long as they don't act outside their jurisdiction (the township/city/municipality/etc.).

Local law enforcement's rights within their jurisdiction is protected by Home Rule, assuming the township is incorporated under a Home Rule charter, which most are.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast