Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Bill to force Concealed Carry to Obtain Insurance

The PA Legislature has come up with a bill that would require all folks who wish to obtain a concealed carry permit to obtain liability insurance. HB 521 adds the line “and the applicant has obtained firearm liability insurance as provided under subsection” to the concealed carry application.

http://thetgbreport.com/2013/02/13/bill-to-force-concealed-carry-to-obtain-insurance/

(Pike County)

Default Re: Bill to force Concealed Carry to Obtain Insurance

(Delaware County)

Come-on peeps, rally-up. We must be as unrelenting and determined with our letters and phone-calls as these scum are with their attempts to deny us liberty:

Dear Rep. Adolph,

Thank you for your recent personal reply to my concern regarding HB 335. I'm relieved to learn we our of a like mind where this ill-conceived legislative proposal is concerned.

Faced with this relentless attack on the fundamental and natural rights guaranteed by our federal and state constitutions, I'm again compelled to write and advise you of my latest concern and those of my many neighbors. Now, it's HB 521 which threatens our rights as free citizens. This bill calls for mandatory firearms liability insurance and is yet another ridiculous ploy to deny the rights of lawful Pennsylvania firearms owners.

The sponsors of this and similar bills are nothing more than opportunistic, over-reaching politicians who are determined to disarm free men. They must be soundly defeated at every turn. I call upon you to actively oppose this latest attack on individual liberty and sovereignty and to prevail upon your freedom-loving colleagues to do the same. Freedom is a precious and fragile gift and I'm confident you will again stand fast to preserve it.

Best Regards,
    Citizen X

(Allegheny County)

Do these slimy anti-American cocksuckers ever sleep. If by some reason this passes then I for one will be an unisured carrier.

(Delaware County)

You know what cracks me up about this BS? It's the same Democratic lawmakers who are attempting to pass this bill who also cried foul over the whole Voter ID thing because .... get this .... it supposedly interferes with somebody carrying out a right.
    And those same lawmakers are crafting a bill designed to ... wait for it ... make it difficult for someone to exercise a right!
    It's just a different right that we're talking about here.
    Yep, you got that right. The unbelievable hypocrites never cease to amaze me!
    J.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    You know what cracks me up about this BS? It's the same Democratic lawmakers who are attempting to pass this bill who also cried foul over the whole Voter ID thing because .... get this .... it supposedly interferes with somebody carrying out a right.
    And those same lawmakers are crafting a bill designed to ... wait for it ... make it difficult for someone to exercise a right!
    It's just a different right that we're talking about here.
    Yep, you got that right. The unbelievable hypocrites never cease to amaze me!
    J.
    Unfortunately, it's almost always your reps from the big shitty of Philadelphia. I don't know why you choose to live there, although escaping to the surrounding burbs these days does not offer much improvement. I'd be curious what the response would be if you wasted five minutes of your life to write them.

This is not the same as the privilege to operate a vehicle. This is a RIGHT. Just like they claimed the RIGHT to vote was being infringed by requiring a person to purchase an identification card. I already consider the LTCF an infringement on my rights, as I ought not to have to pay and jump through hoops and provide names of people I know who operate telephones in order to exercise my rights. Now, on top of these hoops, I now have to have some liability insurance?

Can you imagine the insurance tables for this horseshit? What does a wrongful death suit pay out these days? Fifty billion or something? Twice as much if they are *city folks*? How does that break down in an actuarial table then? They will price personal protection out of reach of ordinary citizens. Only the rich can protect themselves. Awesome. Now, this guy I'm sure has backers, and I bet 38.50$ that at least a full 1/3 of his financial backing comes from insurance carriers and trial lawyers. Surprise surprise he wants us to hold mandatory insurance. Plus, I bet his *constituents* are *city folks* who would be my potential victims. If he can stop me from carrying it is unlikely I'll be able to stop one of his constituents from killing me. Win win for him.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    This is not the same as the privilege to operate a vehicle. This is a RIGHT. Just like they claimed the RIGHT to vote was being infringed by requiring a person to purchase an identification card. I already consider the LTCF an infringement on my rights, as I ought not to have to pay and jump through hoops and provide names of people I know who operate telephones in order to exercise my rights. Now, on top of these hoops, I now have to have some liability insurance?

Can you imagine the insurance tables for this horseshit? What does a wrongful death suit pay out these days? Fifty billion or something? Twice as much if they are *city folks*? How does that break down in an actuarial table then? They will price personal protection out of reach of ordinary citizens. Only the rich can protect themselves. Awesome. Now, this guy I'm sure has backers, and I bet 38.50$ that at least a full 1/3 of his financial backing comes from insurance carriers and trial lawyers. Surprise surprise he wants us to hold mandatory insurance. Plus, I bet his *constituents* are *city folks* who would be my potential victims. If he can stop me from carrying it is unlikely I'll be able to stop one of his constituents from killing me. Win win for him.
    I was wondering the same thing. My wife found a website a couple years ago to find out who contributes to whos campaign. I'll have to dig that up again.

(Pike County)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    This is not the same as the privilege to operate a vehicle. This is a RIGHT....
    I'll disagree. The ability to operate a vehicle and travel is a RIGHT you're born with, not a privilege granted by the state.

The Supreme Court has stated that you have a right to travel. For more than 150 years nobody ever needed to ask Goverment permission to operate a vehicle. What stagecoach driver ever had to be "licensed" by the State ? Why does putting an engine in a carriage suddenly turn a RIGHT into a privilege?

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1772042

Sorry - but this is all part of the slippery slope that we citizens allow the Goverment to use to reduce our natural rights.

If you want to reason that high power, fast automobiles are different than horses, bicycles and carriages - and somehow that requires the Government to get involved for the safety of all, you're not too far away from the viewpoint of the progressives who want to regulate your "privilege" to carry a high powered, high capacity "assault rifle" instead of a musket.

Bitchin' & moaning might slow down the rate of decay, but trying to re-establish a right once it's been deemed a privilege by the statists is damn near impossible.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast