Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Annoyed at AR / AK ads - new classified section?

The recent tragedy and subsequent push by the left for more unconstitutional gun laws has created a very big sellers market for anything related to sporting rifles. As such, our classifieds are flooded with ads for everything ar, ak, etc related. I propose that we introduce a new section for classifieds for anything sporting rifle related to unclog the normal firearms / ammo&accessories classified sections.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Annoyed at AR / AK ads - new classified section?

Quote Originally Posted by tigermagnum View Post
    The recent tragedy and subsequent push by the left for more unconstitutional gun laws has created a very big sellers market for anything related to sporting rifles. As such, our classifieds are flooded with ads for everything ar, ak, etc related. I propose that we introduce a new section for classifieds for anything sporting rifle related to unclog the normal firearms / ammo&accessories classified sections.

Thoughts?
    It's natural for people to see something that they don't like and ask those in charge to make new rules. But it's a bad idea.

Think about that.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's natural for people to see something that they don't like and ask those in charge to make new rules. But it's a bad idea.

Think about that.
    I enjoy browsing the classifieds, but it's a bunch of newbie scammers now trying to scare idiots into spending $2500 for a carbon 15 - the classified section of PAFOA is a joke now thanks to you and people like you who are happy watching it happen. I saw someone asking $150 for two 10/22 mags, and another guy was asking $1000 for a spikes lower. It's bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

The two new S&W shield ones are pretty good too. It is interesting to read the ads and see how crazy some of the prices are for certain things.

(Beaver County)

Great...another "Waaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa Capitalism sucks" thread.

Who forces you to open those evil, over priced ads? [hears crickets]
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tigermagnum View Post
    I enjoy browsing the classifieds, but it's a bunch of newbie scammers now trying to scare idiots into spending $2500 for a carbon 15 - the classified section of PAFOA is a joke now thanks to you and people like you who are happy watching it happen. I saw someone asking $150 for two 10/22 mags, and another guy was asking $1000 for a spikes lower. It's bullshit.

If you want the rifle and are willing to pay the price, ist worth it. Just because you dont want to spend the money doesnt mean others wont. The prices are high because people are paying them. Dont want to be apart of the price gounging, dont spend the money. I dont think anyone is happy to see it happen, but the market determins the price.

This thread is just as silly as people posting ads saying "I want an AR at 3 months ago prices".. No shit, who doesnt... O wait, you posted one of those too...

(Philadelphia County)

/sigh

Just wait it out. Real gun owners/enthusiasts are going to be rolling in all the cheap guns in a few months when the people who tried to capitalize on the scare are just trying to recoup their spendings. You wont be able to take a step without stubbing your toes on some sort of black rifle.

You have to realize that the people trying to sell everything for 3x MSRP don't really shoot. They have no use for an AR, and when they can't sell it, I'm sure they've had tons of PM's saying "I'll buy it for X when you decide to drop your price."

All the real money was made the two/three weeks post Sandy Hook, and maybe right after the Exec Orders. The gun control debate won't go far. Just look at New York. People are getting fed up with being trampled on and if I'm any representation of the general public, getting more pissed off at our government every day.

Our country is getting unrestful. It's slowly happening, but people are finally waking up to how fucked our system is. Everything from SOPA, to drones targeting civilians, to unwarranted arrests and detainments, the 1% getting away with anything they want, corporations who scam the system, corrupt politicians, broken justice system, abusive police, the list can go on and on.

Eventually, people will realize as they did in Egypt, sometimes shit has to go down for something to change. I'd like to think America is at least as smart as Egypt.
    “Until they become conscious, they will never rebel.” - George Orwell, 1984

(Philadelphia County)

What would make sense it to introduce a 5-10 post requirement to post in the classifieds section.

(Berks County)

I hate seeing them too. Just ignore them. Problem solved, if anything I get a good laugh reading some of them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookieman00x View Post
    If you want the rifle and are willing to pay the price, ist worth it. Just because you dont want to spend the money doesnt mean others wont. The prices are high because people are paying them. Dont want to be apart of the price gounging, dont spend the money. I dont think anyone is happy to see it happen, but the market determins the price.

This thread is just as silly as people posting ads saying "I want an AR at 3 months ago prices".. No shit, who doesnt... O wait, you posted one of those too...
    Oh, did I offend you? Did you spend your 401k on a mini 14 someone bought at kmart?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast