Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 or 23

Exclamation Glock 22 or 23

I am currently living in Mississippi (thanks to the army) and have decided to join the local reserve sheriff deputy program. One thing that I am required to buy is a Glock .40 for a service weapon. I have been carrying a HK USP .40 as a concealed carry weapon and am very sad i can not use that. The two logical choices are the Glock 22 or 23. I have no experience with Glocks so I am sort of going into this blind.

If anyone has experience with both the 22 and 23, please let me know the pros and cons as well as an overall recommendation for which pistol you would recommend.

Thanks

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Glock 22 or 23

I own both, enjoy both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the 23. For me, it's slightly smaller size makes it more comfortable and easy to shoot. Mag capacity is 13 on the model 23, but you can get larger i believe. The 22 is std 15 but can go higher as well. So for me, the more comfortable size is worth the standard 2 round difference - 13 rounds of .40 is pretty good. If possible, shoot both and make the call that's right for your. Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Luzerne County)

I've shot both and also prefer the feel of the 23. My 23 is currently my competition gun.

I own a couple g22 15 round magazines that I use in the 23 from time to time, other than sticking out of the grip a little bit they work just fine.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Bucks County)

I agree on 23 as well. I have a 19 (same size) and it just feels so much better in my hand than the 17 (same as 22).

best would be to find somewhere to rent both and shoot side by side, and then choose.

(Westmoreland County)

As I am sure you are aware, the 22 and 23 are basically the same gun, just with the 22 having a full size grip and slightly longer barrel and slide. The 23 has been my choice for concealed carry for 15 years, but if I was carrying for duty, OWB without concerns for concealment, I would probably lean toward the 22. Advantages to me are the standard larger capacity magazine, the slightly longer sight radius for accuracy, and slightly more weight to help tame the . 40 recoil. Maybe none of these things are noticeable or quantifiable to you, so in that case they may as well be interchangeable.

(Delaware County)

I carry a Gen4 Glock 22. I just love the feel of the gen4 plus I have small hands so without the back strap it's perfect. I carry openly and conceal with no issue. I use a g code thigh rig and it's perfect.

(Delaware County)

I just bought a G23 and I love it, it fits my hand much better than my G17 which is the same as a G22

>>I own both, enjoy both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the 23.<<

Ditto the above.....

(Lancaster County)

I agree with the general consensus. I have shot both prior to purchasing and ended up with a Gen 4 23. I love it.

(Washington County)

I have both.. If you are going to be uniformed and carrying in a duty rig, then i would go with the 22, for the higher capacity and the larger grip.

If your plainclothes then go with the 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Gingerbrard View Post
    I am currently living in Mississippi (thanks to the army) and have decided to join the local reserve sheriff deputy program. One thing that I am required to buy is a Glock .40 for a service weapon. I have been carrying a HK USP .40 as a concealed carry weapon and am very sad i can not use that. The two logical choices are the Glock 22 or 23. I have no experience with Glocks so I am sort of going into this blind.

If anyone has experience with both the 22 and 23, please let me know the pros and cons as well as an overall recommendation for which pistol you would recommend.

Thanks
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast