Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Heritage Guild - AWEFUL

I don't ever take to bashing gun stores. I believe that generally they are honest and deserve our support. I also don't take well to being lied to and gouged!

This place did both and will never ever get any of my business again, and I do a lot of gun business.

I was in this past Saturday. They have a S&W M&P VTAC. On Saturday it was priced $679. PICS was ridiculous that day and that wasn't their fault. They said the system is much better during the week, so I went back today to get it. Gun was still there, still with the same tag on it. The 9mm on the shelf above had been sold. That one had been marked $729 and the salesman told me the .40 was in an earlier shipment.

I went in today and the $679 price on that gun was crossed out and $729 handwritten in. The salesman tells me that this was a new gun, not the same gun even though each gun has a printed tag with all its information on it including price. The cross out on the price and all. This was not a new gun, it was the gun I handled on Saturday and they insisted on lying to me about it.

If they had been honest and said we honored the $679 price for someone else on the 9mm or we decided the market will bear a higher price and we won't lower it, I would respect their ability to do that. Instead they lie and tell me that the gun I looked at isn't the gun I looked at and they want more for it.

I know you can't avoid price gouging right now, and it is what it is, but I do not respect, nor will I patronize ANY business that lies to me. Judge it for yourself, but I will avoid that place like the plague henceforth!

AJ

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Heritage Guild - AWEFUL

Quote Originally Posted by hipowr View Post
    I don't ever take to bashing gun stores. I believe that generally they are honest and deserve our support. I also don't take well to being lied to and gouged!

This place did both and will never ever get any of my business again, and I do a lot of gun business.

I was in this past Saturday. They have a S&W M&P VTAC. On Saturday it was priced $679. PICS was ridiculous that day and that wasn't their fault. They said the system is much better during the week, so I went back today to get it. Gun was still there, still with the same tag on it. The 9mm on the shelf above had been sold. That one had been marked $729 and the salesman told me the .40 was in an earlier shipment.

I went in today and the $679 price on that gun was crossed out and $729 handwritten in. The salesman tells me that this was a new gun, not the same gun even though each gun has a printed tag with all its information on it including price. The cross out on the price and all. This was not a new gun, it was the gun I handled on Saturday and they insisted on lying to me about it.

If they had been honest and said we honored the $679 price for someone else on the 9mm or we decided the market will bear a higher price and we won't lower it, I would respect their ability to do that. Instead they lie and tell me that the gun I looked at isn't the gun I looked at and they want more for it.

I know you can't avoid price gouging right now, and it is what it is, but I do not respect, nor will I patronize ANY business that lies to me. Judge it for yourself, but I will avoid that place like the plague henceforth!

AJ
    It could have been priced wrong and they changed it to the regular price. You should have put money on the gun. These days seeing a gun on the shelf and hoping it will be there 4 days later is asking alot. They dont have to honor the price you saw 4 days ago. $679 for a VTAC is a damn good price. And if the sales man wasn't the same person you talked to saturday then how was he supposed to know that that was the exact gun you handled saturday. They probably had 2 or three of them sold the one you saw saturday, replaced it and raised the price. We have black standard Walther P22s in here now with 3 different prices on them thanks to our distributors and their price changes, but we only put one on the shelf at a time. everytime we sell one the price goes up a little bit. Ask them about it before you make an assumption maybe they did lie or maybe the price just went up.
    Last edited by ChrisUSMC; February 13th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

(Monroe County)

I can only post my opinion. Same tag, price crossed out. Same salesman was present, and they did not have any more of the guns. What was in stock was on the shelf. You are correct, they did not have to honor the price, and if it had sold when I didn't put money on it, I would have lived with that. But i'm telling you, their tags are computer generated and identify the gun and the price. It was the same gun, same tag with a crossed out price. If you don't believe price gouging and dishonesty are something to be avoided, that is certainly your right. I just wanted to put the information out there for those that might dislike that type of operation.

AJ

(Northampton County)

Well I have purchased several firearms from them so far and have yet to really have a problem except for them charging more for a gun they had on their shelf compared to the price they sold it for on their online store. They did explain that if I ordered from the online store, I would be paying the price set from the Distributor (plus shipping and transfer). This was also why the price seemed to change (both directions) almost every day.

I would tend to lean in the same direction for your Vtac ... they tossed a pre-printed tag on another gun to put it out in the case and instead of spending time to reprint, etc, they just crossed out and moved along. With the rate at which guns are moving right now, the printer may not have had a chance to even warm up before the gun was sold. Unless you knew the serial, I wouldnt run about saying it was the same as even you wouldnt know for sure

(Northampton County)

I would have put money on the gun. The market is out of control right now. Same thing could have happened at a car lot, don't blame the dealer. If you snooze you loose.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Monroe County)

I have actually bought from them before also. As I say, I never rush to judge a store. I believe we should support all our friendly gun stores. I don't buy the re-used tag. They have a computer inventory system with printed tags for each and every gun in the store, and you re-use a tag on that one gun? It isn't feasible. I think they got greedy on that one and thought nobody would notice.

It doesn't matter to me. I believe I have located at least 1 M&P 40 for substantially less. I was going to splurge on the VTAC because it was actually a reasonable price at $679 and I wanted to support this store for being there in this tough time. Instead I will support other businesses who at least have the appearance of being honest with me.

I'm not going to continue to address the "you can't prove they lied" posts. I can tell you, I would not come on a public forum and post negative information like this unless I was 100% certain that I was correct. I don't believe in giving half the story or jumping to conclusions. If I thought there was even a sliver of a chance there was a new gun that came in on Monday or Tuesday and was put in exactly the same spot with exactly the same tag on it, I would not have posted this message. There were also no other new S&W M&P's on the shelf since Saturday when I was in the store, just mysteriously this one.

All I want to do is put a caution out there, be very careful if you do decide you want to patronize this place.

AJ

(Centre County)

Price increases are the nature of the market right now. I know
    a price increase stinks, but if you find something at a good price,
    and you want it, you better buy it before it's gone.

I'm thinking that unless the paper tag had the serial number on it,
    they probably removed it when the original gun was sold and just
    moved it over to the new one they pulled out from the stock room.

They usually don't write up a tag for each gun but just move it
    from one to another as they go out the door.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    Price increases are the nature of the market right now. I know
    a price increase stinks, but if you find something at a good price,
    and you want it, you better buy it before it's gone.

I'm thinking that unless the paper tag had the serial number on it,
    they probably removed it when the original gun was sold and just
    moved it over to the new one they pulled out from the stock room.

They usually don't write up a tag for each gun but just move it
    from one to another as they go out the door.
    And as I said, if they had just said, "we decided we could get more" and wouldn't honor the price, I would not have even had a gripe. The fact that they denied that is what they did is my issue.

AJ

(Northampton County)

Disclaimer - I do NOT work for Heritage Guild. I did buy my first gun from them, however. I went to them becasue they were close and had what I wanted (XDm .40). It was listed at $644.99, but I got it for $600. I had taken 3 older rifles in (pretty bad shape tbh) and they offered me $500 cash and took $44.99 off the price of the XDm. They also threw in 4 hours of free range time ($80 value). All in all, my experience with them was a great one! I was really happy with my deal on the XDm and I think their offer on my old rifles was fair - given the amount of resto work required to resell them.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Not sure who you dealt with but John helped me out a lot and was very knowledgable. Some of the guns that work there are just sales-type BSers. But as others have said, in this current "gun situation", prices can change very rapidly.