Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: Concerned for a friend

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    Best bet is keep your nose out of it. She chose to be with this guy. Even if you would be doing her a favor by being the hero, and standing up for her, she may return the favor by turning on you. Just not worth it. Been there, done that.
    ^^ this is the answer nobody wants to hear, but it's the correct one IMO.

If she wants to leave, then she needs to leave.

OP, if you call the police, I'll bet they will tell you the same thing, she needs to call, not you.

I have a friend from way back in grade school, every single guy she has ever been with has been an abuser, I've come to the conclusion that she likes to live that way because she always goes back for more.

She had a way out, one of her BF's got killed in a car accident, about a month later she went right back to a previous BF that is a pile of trash.

I say butt out, tell her what you feel you need to say and then leave it at that.
    You cannot be her private counselor or security guard, when she decides it's time to go she will, hopefully before she gets in some real trouble.

(York County)

Maybe summon Professor Chaos?

IMO and only my opinion from knowing the "I care about a girl who's with a guy I'm pretty sure is a fuckin dumbass prick" scenario.

At most you can mention the situation and offer a safe haven out of that. Don't get me wrong there's been a few men I've encountered that deserved a trigger pull. But beyond extending an offer to her, there's not much you can do for her. "For her " being the key. Some girls stay with dicks. Whether due to vows. Or stupidity. Just life. Again you can lead a horse to water. But can't make 'em drink. An offer of a safe haven is the best you can do I think.

If you were here I'd give you some shine. You need it. Been there done that.

Sounds like someone needs to "educate" this guy on how to be a gentlman. IN the old days a girls father and brothers would provide the lesson. Today I am not so sure as the family unit is constantly under attack.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123