Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Response from Keith Rothfus, US congress 12th district

Dear peorge:
    I Thank you for contacting me about our Second Amendment rights and gun control. It
    was good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
    Like you, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    This constitutionally-guaranteed right must be preserved and defended for all law-abiding citizens
    Across America, our thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims of the tragic
    Sandy Hook shooting. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to prevent such grotesque
    violehce. A rush to penalize citizens who exercise their Second Amendment rights will not
    prevent future tragedies.
    I Rest assured that as this discussion continues I will be a steadfast defender of our Second
    Amerdment. As a member of the House Committee on the Judiciary, which has jurisdiction
    over irearms, Iwill stay engaged on this matter and seek solutions that protect our children and
    prosecute criminals.

(Note any typos in the above are a result of my scanning his letter. I am at least impressed that he took the time to send an actual signed letter and not just an email)

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Thumbs up Re: Response from Keith Rothfus, US congress 12th district

Good to know! Thank you for sharing.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Response from Keith Rothfus, US congress 12th district

Dear flyingjunkie:

Thank you for contacting me about our Second Amendment rights and gun control. It was good to hear from you, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Like you, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. This constitutionally-guaranteed right must be preserved and defended for all law-abiding citizens.

Across America, our thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims of the tragic Sandy Hook shooting. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to prevent such grotesque violence. A rush to penalize citizens who exercise their Second Amendment rights will not prevent future tragedies.

Rest assured that as this discussion continues I will be a steadfast defender of our Second Amendment. As a member of the House Committee on the Judiciary, which has jurisdiction over firearms, I will stay engaged on this matter and seek solutions that protect our children and prosecute criminals.

Thank you again for contacting me about an issue of concern to both of us. It is an honor to represent Pennsylvania’s Twelfth District in Congress. If you have any additional thoughts or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at my Ross Township, Beaver, Johnstown, or Washington, D.C. office. To read more about my views and positions on a wide range of issues you can sign-up to receive the District E-Mail Newsletter by visiting https://Rothfus.house.gov/contact/newsletter.

Sincerely,
    Keith J. Rothfus
    This was the letter emailed to me. Pretty much the same as the one mailed to you. It is definitely good to see that he seems to understand the 2A. It's also good to see that we have what seems to be an ally on the House Judiciary Committee.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Response from Keith Rothfus, US congress 12th district

I received a carbon copy of that letter also.