Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: "Arsenal" of illegal guns.

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    I was watching a thing last night about the Branch Davidians and the Waco Invasion. They mentioned that the Davidians had a *stockpile* of 8000 rounds. I looked at my gf, and she was already looking at me, and she rolled her eyes and we went back to watching. I had just earlier in the day come home with my 20000th round for the stockpile. Guess I'll have tanks parked out front tomorrow
    I was watching that too and when that came on I turned to my wife and said "8000 rounds ain't shit"

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    They still held off the ATF and forced them to retreat.
    Yup until the Bullies burnt the place down because they wanted to go home .

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    HEY, As an aside, look up who was on that congressional committee to "investigate" the siege at the branch davidians compound, and look up the FLIR data analysis by the contractor. I was surprised
    Ah c'mon, just tell us. I don't have time to look up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTsieck View Post
    I think when you hit 25000 a tank and grenade launcher will just appear out of thin air.
    Achievement unlocked!
    Ok that's enough fun for one thread.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

The media does this all the time, I take it with a grain of salt (and a martini).
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacksnack View Post
    The media does this all the time, I take it with a grain of salt (and a martini).
    typically I agree. in this instance im on my toes. fear mongering tends to ring a bell.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Anthony S. is correct. At least that was the difference we learned in school more than 50 years ago! And that's the reason the names were Sprinfield Arsenal, Harpers Ferry Arsenal, Lake City Arsenal, Waterveleit Arsenal! And concurrently National Guard unit locations were ARMORIES. But, years of misuse by "popular" language has changed the meanings. Just in the same manner that "may" is now used to show an optional course of action instead of "might". When Anthony and I were in school the word may was for asking or receiving permission, might indicating a choice and shall was mandatory.
    I know you're old but not that old. The multiple meanings of both words predates you by a few hundred years.

An arsenal is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, issued to authorized users, or any combination of those. Over the centuries, this has included every variant of such a place, whether privately or publicly owned (with the latter in older royal and modern state-owned versions).

An armory (US spelling[1]) or armoury is a place where arms and ammunition are made, maintained and repaired, stored, issued to authorized users, or any combination of those. Over the centuries, this has included every variant of such a place, whether privately or publicly owned (with the latter in older royal and modern state-owned versions).

Armories and arsenals are both places where arms or ammunition may be made, maintained and repaired, stored, or issued. The usage differences between the names is mainly a matter of historical linguistic development. It is a common principle in natural language that synonyms have subtle connotative boundaries (albeit ones that may be somewhat permeable over time and distance).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armory_(military)
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123