Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default What kind of buffer tube assembly for my AR15 Pistol?

Hi folks,

I wanted to reach out and ask what kind of buffer tube assembly I should be looking at for my AR15 pistol. Any general information will be great, even if not specific to my upper. I've searched around a bit and reached out to the manufacturer, with no response yet.

After much dicking around trying to find/purchase a complete pistol kit to finish my stripped lower, I picked up an Adams Arm 5.56 PDW EVO Ultra Lite Piston Upper - 7.5". It's way more expensive that I'd like but trying to get anything else was pulling teeth, cancelled, delayed or otherwise incomplete.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=3454

I'd like to know if there's a rule of thumb, or suggestions on what type of buffer tube or system/assembly I should look into for the best functioning? Being that it's a piston system with a pistol length gas system, this seems to be a bit of a unicorn that I can't seem to find much information on.

Any tips, suggestions or constructive feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Eddited to add the follow up from the manufacturer (emphasis mine) on my inquiry in case this pops up in a Google search for anyone else.

Thank you for your email. What I can recommend is a standard carbine buffer, that is what we recommend for all of our upper and kits. Now they may be adjusted based of what type of ammo you are firing.
    I've ordered a Phase 5 Tactical Carbine Pistol Buffer Assembly but have not received it yet. I'll try to remember to update this post after I receive it and when I shoot it.
    Last edited by D-FENS; February 18th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack