Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default PPD at it again?

It's good to see the PPD has collected so many of those "dangerous" weapons off the streets of Philadelphia, isn't it? Yet another attempt to scare us into more restrictions, rather than convictions. The pictures on the news with tables full of scary looking guns, does that ever work? Best of luck to you Philly guys.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Montgomery County)

The news clip was on the TV in the lunch room at work today. Most of the employees are from the city. I pointed to one of the guns and said "Oh, that's the gun I carry". It sure drew attention. I then asked "Why aren't they showing criminals they caught and sent to jail"? "Maybe they only show guns because they are too inept to catch criminals."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra
    The news clip was on the TV in the lunch room at work today. Most of the employees are from the city. I pointed to one of the guns and said "Oh, that's the gun I carry". It sure drew attention. I then asked "Why aren't they showing criminals they caught and sent to jail"? "Maybe they only show guns because they are too inept to catch criminals."
    You might be on to something...
    Mike(starblazer)

(Montgomery County)

In June the Gays celebrate Gay Pride. (I will make a gun point) June is because of something called the "Stonewall" rebellion. It happened in 1969.

In those days when City Hall was feeling the heat for something they would put on a show of "Cleaning the City". They would round up a bunch of hookers or raid a Gay Bar. No one would be charged with anything because the city did not want to waste the time or money. They would take names and address that would end up in the newspaper. Ruining lives and careers.

One night they had several politicians involved in a scandal so they ordered a raid on a Gay Bar called the Stonewall. The Gays at first were resigned to what was going to happen to them. Then all hell broke loose. Rocks flew, a fire started. The police retreated back into the bar and waited for help. The Gays took the the roof tops with rocks. The police believed the Gays were wimps and would run away. This time they didn't. Three cops died in the riots and now a parade is held each year.

And the cops will not mess with the Gays in any "Show" raids.

Now we gun owners are the modern day "Fags". They feel they can use guns for "show". Look, we are doing our job. Don't look at the man behind the curtain.

good story... Yea I feel same as you about this..
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Philadelphia County)

Unhappy

Don't be so quick to blame the cops...at least as in the "officer on the street" cops. Some of my friends are on the force and they typically are not opposed to ownership-or even concealed carry- by responsible private citizens.
    The cops to blame are the administrators who are simply a tool of a liberal democratic party that has been running this city (into the ground) for years.
    Political scene around here is incredibly bleak. Police union fully suported Street in his re-election, based in part on his promise of nearly unlimited overtime from "Operation Safe Streets". Within days of his re-election, that program was almost completely dismantled and they basically got nothing. They still support him.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

(Montgomery County)

Your right Jim. I should have said the city ordered the raid. And now the city won't mess with the Gays.
    Also your right on the talent of the cop on the street. The taxpayers don't want to spend money on jails, courts and prosecutors. But that is the center of the whole "Gun" problem. Ending gun violence on our streets takes work and money. And that means good safe schools, employment for people and a future with promise. If the city leaders rather spend money on themselves and their cronies instead then of course you get more crime.

(Bucks County)

Jim,
    Point taken, and agreed with. I didn't mean to imply the street cops are the problem. It is, as usual, the policymakers.
    Mike(starblazer)

(Delaware County)

The court system isn't helping either. When there is an arrest, they either let them go or give them just a slap on the wrist.

And it's not just Phila. either.

Do the time if you do the crime!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra
    In June the Gays celebrate Gay Pride. (I will make a gun point) June is because of something called the "Stonewall" rebellion. It happened in 1969.

In those days when City Hall was feeling the heat for something they would put on a show of "Cleaning the City". They would round up a bunch of hookers or raid a Gay Bar. No one would be charged with anything because the city did not want to waste the time or money. They would take names and address that would end up in the newspaper. Ruining lives and careers.

One night they had several politicians involved in a scandal so they ordered a raid on a Gay Bar called the Stonewall. The Gays at first were resigned to what was going to happen to them. Then all hell broke loose. Rocks flew, a fire started. The police retreated back into the bar and waited for help. The Gays took the the roof tops with rocks. The police believed the Gays were wimps and would run away. This time they didn't. Three cops died in the riots and now a parade is held each year.

And the cops will not mess with the Gays in any "Show" raids.

Now we gun owners are the modern day "Fags". They feel they can use guns for "show". Look, we are doing our job. Don't look at the man behind the curtain.
    Just cause they're fags doesn't mean they arn't men.

This guy that I used to work with went tp New Hope and screamed some slurs into a gay bar and the guys there kicked his ass and tipped his car.

Totally off topic but I thought I would share.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast