Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: Keystone Cops friendly-fire shooting

Dang, I just come here to be reminded that some "Pa firearms owners" are incredibly daft. The last true discussion I was in here was about why you should be able to shoot through doors. Threads like this bring out all you mental giants, you know who you are. Jump on in before anyone knows what the real facts are. The Officer that got hit was a victim, not complicit but some of you just love to hear of an Officer getting hurt or shot. Makes me wonder how many are still sore over thier first DUI...or Domestic.... Again, Poplawski was just a BS domestic, and he was also a "Pa firearms owner". I will never forget that.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Keystone Cops friendly-fire shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ragequit View Post
    I like how you bolded that, instead of "told dispatchers that her boyfriend had unloaded the shotgun and that they no longer needed to come."

Those milk containers are pretty life-threatening, though.
    There was a threat and the police had to respond regardless of her second communication about the gun being made safe. They did find the shotgun.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by steamtownwelder View Post
    Whichever one was shooting at the house

And your going to be able to discern that at 3:45am with flashing police lights outside... I don't think so!

They shot the fucking house. Tell me oh great educated one what part of the training called for 3 rounds from 2 guns. I'll wait.

The initial shots being fired we're more than likely some sort of ND, does it change that they happened, NO, but they were not intentionally fired. Doubling an AR is very easy to do especially under extreme stress (which is often the case in domestics where the other guy has a SHOTGUN!) I reserve opinion on this officer. Now the officer that shot at the house screwed up, no doubt, however, he just saw his Sargent take two bullets, and I will bet my life, he didn't know where they came from, and never guessed that they came from a fellow officers weapon! He was scared to death, and did something stupid. Will he be reprimanded, and maybe even fired? Quite possible, but that's not for you to decide.

If all three rounds were the result of 'firearm malfunction' or 'slipping on the ice' I'll eat this keyboard.
    Answered this all above...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Lemme guess, you're a cop? Or do you just like to blow them? I've never seen such a pathetic attempt at grasping straws, except by police department spokesmen.
    The point being that we don't know all of the facts of he case and until we do, reserving judgement is on the side of prudence. Also stating that one enjoys seeing officers take a bullet as the OP stated earlier is just plain lacking in class! P.S. Adam-12 who I am or am not "blowing" is none of your business!

(Elk County)

Another cop-bashing turned member-bashing thread based on questionable reporting of facts which will go nowhere good. Thread locked.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234