Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default 870 HD/SD/whatever build

I realized that I had a huge hole in my gun collection not having a 12 gauge shotgun, and since AR buying and building has almost come to a complete halt, (considering the lack of uppers/lowers, etc) I thought a scattergun would be appropriate. Enter a fairly basic Remington 870 Express synthetic, 4+1, synthetic furniture, simple beed front sight. Purchased the gun with a box of 25 Remington game loads and some Hornady Zombie Max buckshot for shoulder blasting fun for $400 OTD.

One of the negatives, for me, is the shotguns relatively low magazine capacity. Enter Scattergun Technologies +2 for the 870 with a total tube capacity of 6+1. Absolutely a great piece, which was easy to install and seems very solid. I'm a little concerned if it will work with the Magpul hand gaurd for the 870, but we will see.....

Having a sidesaddle carrier seems to be pretty common. Mesa Tactical seems to be highly regarded in that department, so Brownell's was nice enough to send me a 6 shot "Sureshell Shotshell Carrier." Very easy to install and seems very solid, but takes away that nice streamlined feel of the 870. I'll shoot it this week and see how I like it. If I do, a little blue Loctite will be in order...

Overall, I'm super excited to have this and was almost talked out of it by the salesman who said the 18.5 inch barrel would kill my shoulder. Its not significantly more felt recoil than my fathers 26 inch "duck gun" and seems very easy to manage the inside of the house with it. Magpul furniture is on the way from primaryarms.com in FDE so it matches my AR (color matching firearms are a must for HD and SD, don't cha know).

Anyone have any ideas how to mount a light to the Magpul hand guard? I want a push button style light and not a TLR1 sytle. That seems to be the last thing I need for it to be complete......
    Last edited by FLICK; February 11th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.