Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default "TRUGLO BRITE-SITE" Tritium Night Sights - Glock 19 Review

Ive been looking at some night sights for my glock since I got the gun 2 years ago but just got around to it now. Definitely consider night sights as a must have for a carry piece for obvious reasons.

Picked these up from CTD last week. I read a little bit about different options but didnt really have anything specific picked out. These sights were just under $70 and have gotten good reviews so I decided to just get them and see what happens. I am very pleased with them so far. They are SUPER bright in low light/total darkness. Cant believe Ive gone this long without night sights.

Had them put on at Claytons while I waited for $15. Pretty good deal Id say since Targetworld quoted me something ridiculous like $35. Both these shops have night sights I could have bought there but they were all over $100 which is why I ordered my own. Have not been able to shoot with them yet but will updated with accuracy. Heres all the pictures - -

(Centre County)

Default Re: "TRUGLO BRITE-SITE" Tritium Night Sights - Glock 19 Review

You should have gotten TFO. I have them on my G22, and its BRIGHT during the day, and its bright during the night
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Montgomery County)

Yeah i saw the fiber optic ones but decided to just go with the tritiums. Read a few things about a couple people saying the fiberoptic rod came loose and fell out. But in sure thats rare. The rock island 10mm 1911 im picking up this coming weekend has fiber optics. If i like them more on that maybe ill pick up a fiberoptic front or rear and do a combination on the 19

(Chester County)

Tru-Glo or whoever was aware of the fiber rods falling out and they tried to fix it but I have still read of bad experiences, I have them on a XDM 3.8 45 compact and they have held up so far, the front rod can be moved prob less then a mm, I was told that this is normal and have had them sent back fixed and another set put on and it does the same thing, for shits the Smith who put the sights on tried to remove the front rod from the old set and said he could not do so no matter how much force he gave with a set of needle nose. I even called Tru-glo and told them about the wiggle room and they said its normal for the front to have a tiny bit of play but that the front rod will NOT come out, it has not effected my accuracy one bit and they are great in terms of visibility day and night. So my only real complaint would be for sight slide single handed manipulation, like on my belt or other, they could break if you do this and unlike trijicons HD sights I cannot rack the slide with them. Which I don't see as being that big of a deal but still bothers me.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Yeah i saw the fiber optic ones but decided to just go with the tritiums. Read a few things about a couple people saying the fiberoptic rod came loose and fell out. But in sure thats rare. The rock island 10mm 1911 im picking up this coming weekend has fiber optics. If i like them more on that maybe ill pick up a fiberoptic front or rear and do a combination on the 19
    TFO is not just fiberoptic. Its mix of fiberoptic and tritium.
    I don't like normal FO sight, as they are bright on both end of sight. Great for competitions I imagin.

I have shot well over 1500rds though my G22 with TFO, and its still rock solid.
    side by side with my other guns that are equipped with trjicon in dark, TFO is definatly brighter.

BTW, where did you find a rock island 10mm 1911? There are NO WHERE to be found...
    Last edited by Mity2; February 10th, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    You should have gotten TFO. I have them on my G22, and its BRIGHT during the day, and its bright during the night
    Yup what he said, my TFO daytime in my house.
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    TFO is not just fiberoptic. Its mix of fiberoptic and tritium.
    I don't like normal FO sight, as they are bright on both end of sight. Great for competitions I imagin.

I have shot well over 1500rds though my G22 with TFO, and its still rock solid.
    side by side with my other guns that are equipped with trjicon in dark, TFO is definatly brighter.

BTW, where did you find a rock island 10mm 1911? There are NO WHERE to be found...
    I have mine on layaway at targetworld however i just saw one at claytons on saturday

(Delaware County)

I was looking at getting these for. My G23, question do they snag easy when holstered?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Ive been looking at some night sights for my glock since I got the gun 2 years ago but just got around to it now. Definitely consider night sights as a must have for a carry piece for obvious reasons.
    Heres all the pictures - -

First of all, I like the new sights. Part of the problem I have with shooting glocks at longer distances is the width of the front sight post. Those seem to have a thinner front sight. This leads me to my recommendation.

I just wanted to take a minute and point out a training issue we had this year with our new M&P's. I notice the front sight appears considerably thinner that the stock front sight. (i could be wrong, but that is the way the pic. appears.)

This will be very helpful in longer range shooting as you will be able to pinpoint the sight alignment better and have more visible target on either side of the front sight.

The caution is that since the front sight is smaller, the tritium dot is also smaller. (When you look at the gun int the pic above, you can see this.)

If you are the type who uses the dot's to align your sights, you may end up shooting low or high depending on whether you align the front sight in the middle, bottom or top of the rear sights.

I suggest that when you get to the range that you use the silhouette of the irons (the way you are supposed to) but make note of where the tritium dot's align, so that if you are ever in a low light situation you will be able to properly align your sights to take care of what you need to take care of!

Stay Safe