Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Good News and Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Likewise, I found her to be pleasant and helpful also.

Been thinkiing about the earlier comments regarding CC and OC.

Wondering what would be the probable outcome if, for example, you were CC and the wind blew the covering off of your jacket or shirt exposing your piece and someone freaked out?

Or, for example, you're in WalMart and have to avoid the oblivious libtard from NY or NJ who's pushing his/her carriage aimlessly down the aisle while texting on a cellphone, forcing you to have have to swing wide to avoid a collision... your covering gets pulled back by a display or shelf, and he/she wigs out and reports "a man with a gun" to the store management or calls 911.

I suppose that's where Bueki talks about "reasonable" complaints. There seems to me, a huge difference between an accidental exposure where your shirt or covering rides up, and "brandishing" where you intentionally reveal your hardware.

Curious to hear your thoughts.
    There would be NO outcome if your weapon was exposed. OC is perfectly legal in PA and there is no "brandishing" law according to Gunlawyer001.

When idiots freak out tell them welcome to PA. Teachable moment. Different state, different laws.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Default Re: Good News and Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    Anyone who thinks 24 days is a long wait for an LCTF, try Monroe County. Mine took 35 days but that's less than usual and that's only because I went to pick it up instead of waiting for them to mail it. Remember, the people issuing these do not get paid based on how many people they help, they get paid for showing up, punching in, taking coffee and lunch breaks and punching out. If they help anyone along the way, so be it. Apologies to anyone who works for government but that's how I see it.

I've worked as a contractor most of my life and get paid for what I accomplish, nothing else. And no benefits. Not always easy but if everyone was paid based on what they actually accomplished the world would run a lot smoother. Especially government agencies.

just my .02
    that time length compared to Lackawanna 10-15min is crazy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234