Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Good News and Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter317 View Post
    Seriously.....................24 days for Pike county............according to the 2010 census there is only 57,000 people living there..........someone is screwing the pooch
    It's actually 18 working days and there was also 1 holiday in that time. So I really don't think that's too bad

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by amstel78 View Post
    Nothing like breaking the CC ice over a couple of tacos or burrito supremes.
    Great idea, if you guys plan on doing it next month I wouldn't mind joining. I will be ordering my first holster around that time.

(Pike County)

Anyone else find the woman at the sheriffs office "less then friendly?"
    Mike V
    NRA Life/Endowment Member
    Better people be distressed by my freedom than my oppression

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNRA View Post
    Anyone else find the woman at the sheriffs office "less then friendly?"
    She was pretty cool to me. I hung out for 20 minutes or so hoping the system would come online and we chatted the whole time.

(Pike County)

Picked up the LTCF this morning. Then headed up to 911 Tactical to pick up my Mosin. While there he had a nice OWB leather holster that fit the 9mm perfect as well as my 40. So grabbed it and some ammo. Strapped it on in the store, went over to Northeast Firearms looking for some surplus 7.62x54r, went to Dunkin Donuts and then headed to the Rt 6 range. Put 20 rounds through the Mosin for fun (although my shoulder didn't like it all that much). Made one other stop on the way home.
    Did all that and didn't hurt anyone or myself. All in all a good day

(Pike County)

Be very nice to the lady at the desk. While your standing there look at the name plaque on her desk. Then look at the top right hand corner of your application. They arte two of the nicest people on the planet.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    She was pretty cool to me. I hung out for 20 minutes or so hoping the system would come online and we chatted the whole time.
    Ditto. She was nice to me as well the last time I was in there.

Then again, everyone has a bad day.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Likewise, I found her to be pleasant and helpful also.

Been thinkiing about the earlier comments regarding CC and OC.

Wondering what would be the probable outcome if, for example, you were CC and the wind blew the covering off of your jacket or shirt exposing your piece and someone freaked out?

Or, for example, you're in WalMart and have to avoid the oblivious libtard from NY or NJ who's pushing his/her carriage aimlessly down the aisle while texting on a cellphone, forcing you to have have to swing wide to avoid a collision... your covering gets pulled back by a display or shelf, and he/she wigs out and reports "a man with a gun" to the store management or calls 911.

I suppose that's where Bueki talks about "reasonable" complaints. There seems to me, a huge difference between an accidental exposure where your shirt or covering rides up, and "brandishing" where you intentionally reveal your hardware.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

(Pike County)

I've never given it much thought... wind has blown my shirt or coat up exposing my sidearm on several occasions. I corrected my attire calmly as if it were nothing. If anyone freaked out, I never noticed.

Perhaps if you started twitching and looked suspicious as if you were trying to hide something, then people may get concerned... that's the way I always thought about it. OTOH, if it looks like I'm supposed to have a gun on my hip, then most folks generally tend to ignore it.

Guys walk around town all the time with cell phones, measuring tapes, tool belts, etc strapped to their side. They're all tools... same as my 1911. They don't suddenly get self-conscious and try to over-compensate when the wind blows and exposes whatever's on their belt and neither do I.

FWIW, I've seen several people including females OC'ing at the Wally World in Matamoras. No one cares.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Monroe County)

Anyone who thinks 24 days is a long wait for an LCTF, try Monroe County. Mine took 35 days but that's less than usual and that's only because I went to pick it up instead of waiting for them to mail it. Remember, the people issuing these do not get paid based on how many people they help, they get paid for showing up, punching in, taking coffee and lunch breaks and punching out. If they help anyone along the way, so be it. Apologies to anyone who works for government but that's how I see it.

I've worked as a contractor most of my life and get paid for what I accomplish, nothing else. And no benefits. Not always easy but if everyone was paid based on what they actually accomplished the world would run a lot smoother. Especially government agencies.

just my .02
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast