Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default My response from Rep Lou Barletta

Dear Mr. 8888888:

Thank you for informing me of your opposition to gun regulations. Your thoughts on this issue are most welcome and appreciated.

As a father and a grandfather, I understand the obligation we have to protect our communities. I believe that the rights of law-abiding citizens to purchase, possess, and use firearms is entirely consistent with that obligation. We must come together as a country, seek out solutions that work toward preventing these horrific crimes, like what occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary, and give thorough and thoughtful review of proposals that address this issue within the confines of the United States Constitution.

As a strong advocate for the protection of the Second Amendment, I cosponsored numerous bills in the 112th Congress that sought to uphold Second Amendment rights, including:

w Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) Reform and Firearms Modernization Act (H.R. 1093), which would have rolled back unnecessary restrictions, correct errors, and codify longstanding congressional policies in the firearms arena.

w Collectible Firearms Protection Act (H.R. 615), which would have allowed certain firearms listed as curios or relics to be imported into the U.S. without the approval of the Department of State or the Department of Defense.

w Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act (H.R. 58), which would have removed several antiquated and unnecessary restrictions imposed on interstate firearms business since 1968.

w Second Amendment Enforcement Act (H.R. 645), which would have eliminated harsh gun control laws imposed by the District of Columbia after the 2008 Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v Heller.

w Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act (H.R. 420), which would have provided a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members could register firearms acquired overseas between June 26, 1934 and October 31, 1968, without fear of prosecution.

w Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act (H.R. 2900), which would have granted concealed-carry reciprocity to residents of states (like Vermont) that do not issue actual concealed-carry permit cards.

Rest assured, as a gun owner and a member of the NRA, I will continue to preserve our Second Amendment rights in the 113th Congress. Again, thank you for contacting me and for all that you do for our community in Pennsylvania. Should you have additional comments or questions on this or any other issue, please contact me at my Washington, D.C., Hazleton, Harrisburg, Carlisle, or Sunbury office. I also invite you to sign up for my email newsletter, the Barletta Bulletin, by visiting my website at http://barletta.house.gov.

That bold text says a lot to me, and if anyone knows him from being mayor of Hazelton he seems like a pretty decent politician.

(Chester County)

Default Re: My response from Rep Lou Barletta

Lou is one of guys wearing the White Hats!!! Where are all the guys that aren't afraid to do the right thing like Lou????