Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default AG Kane closes "Florida Loophole"

Well, guess our top new law enforcer made good on her promise
    J.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...y_General.html

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: AG Kane closes "Florida Loophole"

So? They can get an Arizona or Virginia permit or even a Utah permit.

(Chester County)

AG's Official Press Release:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=6811

The modification:
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...florida_pa.pdf

Effective 2/1/13. Pa residents have until 6/8/13 before their FL CCW is void in the Cmmonwealth; FL CCW held by non-residents (ex:NJ) are now no longer honored in Pa.

Pa now only recognized FL RESIDENT licenses.
    Last edited by tl_3237; February 8th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...e_02062013.pdf

February 8, 2013
    NOTICE FROM ATTORNEY GENERAL KATHLEEN G. KANE

The Attorney General of Pennsylvania has entered into a modification of the current firearm reciprocity agreement with the state of Florida. This reciprocity agreement previously permitted citizens of Pennsylvania who were not also Florida residents to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit (hereinafter “CCP”) from the state of Florida. The CCP would then be honored in Pennsylvania without the need for a CCP granted by a Pennsylvania issuing authority. This agreement has been modified as follows pursuant to the authority of the Attorney General
    of Pennsylvania as found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6109(k)(1):

1. If you are currently a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from the state of Florida, your Florida permit will no longer be recognized in Pennsylvania 120 days from the date of this Notice, or on June 8, 2013. In the proscribed time period you may apply for a CCP in the county of your residence. Please be aware that your local Sheriff or Police Department (in cities of the First Class) will have forty-five (45) days from the date of your application on which to grant or deny your
    application for a CCP.

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida you need not
    apply for a CCP in Pennsylvania if you currently hold a CCP from
    Florida. You must, however, carry with you proof of your Florida
    citizenry/residence along with your CCP identification when you are
    carrying a concealed firearm either on your person or in a vehicle.

3. If you are a resident of Florida only and have a CCP from Florida it will
    continue to be honored in Pennsylvania with all the same rights and
    recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said
    States.

IMPORTANT
    This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP’s issued to
    residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP’s remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.

Something I noticed when I was gathering what I posted above, the verbiage of recognizing a valid license regardless of residency is gone.

Note: It has come to the attention of the Office of Attorney General that there has been confusion over the applicability of Pennsylvania's reciprocal privileges with regard to the residency status of an individual who has been issued a valid license/permit. It is the position of the Office of Attorney General that recognition within Pennsylvania is based on the issuance to an individual of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.
    ETA The above has changed, not completely removed:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Recognition in Pennsylvania is based on the individual's issuance of a valid license/permit by the reciprocal contracting state, and not on the license/permit holder's place of residence.
    Last edited by soberbyker; February 8th, 2013 at 01:56 PM.

(Delaware County)

Interesting that the language in that memorandum seems to exclude PA reciprocity to any Florida CCW permit holders other than residents of FL

So someone from any other state that holds a FL non resident CCW would not be licensed in PA either....?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    So? They can get an Arizona or Virginia permit or even a Utah permit.
    Yes they can, but something tells me those will be labeled loop holes as well. They will try to take everything they can from us...

2. If you are a dual resident of Pennsylvania and Florida...
    I didn't think someone could hold dual-residency in two different states???

(York County)

Our AG apparently isn't educated in firearm parlance enough to know the difference between an LTCF and CCP. This is just another example of Philthadelphia's need to trample on and control the citizenry's ability to protect themselves. It's a classic " we said no, and no means no! " scenario, which I think was done with mainly Philly in mind, the rest of the state being a bonus. Philly denies permits Willy Nilly and without justification, and if it didn't most people wouldn't need an out of state permit in the first place. I didn't vote for the AG, I don't know anyone who did, but I don't think she's going to be good for Pa., even removing her anti-gun attitude from the equation. This is only the first of many steps in her trampling of people's of Pennsylvania's rights. No, not good at all.
    Last edited by DClan; February 8th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

(Dauphin County)

This Notice does not impact the validity of Pennsylvania CCP’s issued to residents of Pennsylvania. All valid and unexpired Pennsylvania CCP’s remain in full force and effect. Further, if you are a resident of Pennsylvania only and have a CCP from Pennsylvania it will continue to be honored in Florida with all the same rights and recognition as contained in the Reciprocity Agreement between said States.
    I thought that Pennsylvania had a LTCF (License to Carry Firearms). What's this CCP she keeps referring to?? Is she as ignorant of Pennsylvania law as she is of the United States Constitution? Or is there some other kind of "permit" I need to get in order to legally carry a concealed firearm in Pennsylvania?

(Northampton County)

Mayor of NYC Bloomberg, financed her campaign. He has Billions and hates firearms.

I suspect, other state reciprocity agreements will also change.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast