Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default No more Piers Morgan?!

I'm hearing rumors that Piers Morgan's "show" was cancelled.. Is anyone else hearing this or is someone messing with me??
    Arm The Homeless

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: No more Piers Morgan?!

Seems to be true. It could not have happened to a better man. Looks like he'll be cancelled in March.

Piers Morgans CNN Show has been Cancelled

(Lycoming County)

It looks as if he is saying he "quit" because America turned on him.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/m...ard-2014_02_23

Be safe (and don't let the door hit you).

Scott

(Delaware County)

Probably some time in March. Here's a link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/24/bu...show.html?_r=0

Main cause is poor ratings. Not sympathetic enough to have a significant population of defenders, not bad enough to have people tune in solely to boo him. Basically an opinionated British mediocrity.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Coming to America and trying to take our guns... it's not the first time those limey bastards tried and failed. Good riddance!

As Piers Morgan's Ratings Spiral Into Oblivion, 'Variety' Blames His Obsession With Guns

By Scott Whitlock | February 21, 2014 | 10:24

According to an influential entertainment magazine, Piers Morgan's ratings are in a death spiral and the reason might be his obsession with attacking Second Amendment rights of Americans. Variety writer Rick Kissell related the devastating news: "Tuesday’s telecast, which included coverage of the uprisings in Kiev and an interview with Rudy Giuliani, drew the show’s second smallest audience to date in the key news demo of adults 25-54 (50,000)."

He added, "'Piers Morgan Live' has fallen below the 300,000-viewer mark on seven other occasions in February. While the Olympics could be blamed for some of that, ""Piers Morgan' is drawing just a fraction of the audience attracted by competing shows on CNN and MSNBC." The British Morgan has railed about the "absurdity of the 2nd Amendment" and lectured Americans: "I'd make it illegal for anyone under 25 to buy a gun of any kind."

Kissell explained:

Morgan has long been an outspoken critic of U.S. gun laws, but the drumbeat has grown louder in the two years since George Zimmerman fatally shot Trayvon Martin. On his CNN show in December 2012, Morgan got into a heated exchange with gun-rights activist Larry Pratt, asking at one point: "You’re an unbelievably stupid man, aren’t you?"

There’s no way to quantify how much of a factor the discussion of gun control on "Piers Morgan Live" has contributed to its ratings (which were never all that great to begin with), but the show’s numbers have fallen more sharply since it became a frequent subject on the show.

On December 18, 2012, while talking to Larry Pratt, the director of Gun Owners of America, the host spewed:

PIERS MORGAN: You’re an unbelievably stupid man, aren’t you?...You have absolutely no coherent argument whatsoever....You don’t give a damn, do you, about the gun murder rate in America?...I know why sales of these weapons have been soaring in the last few days. It’s down to idiots like you. Mr. Pratt.... You are a dangerous man espousing dangerous nonsense. And you shame your country.

Morgan denounced the NRA as "cowards."

On the May 30, 2013 edition of Piers Morgan Live, guest Margaret Hoover defended what she called America's "gun culture." Making a comparison, the host slimed, "There was a racist culture, there was a drunk-driving culture."

Even liberal guest Mark Lamont Hill was shocked. He sputtered, "A Southern gun owner is not like a Klan member. I mean, come on."

On February 17, guest Nancy Grace blasted Morgan for his anti-Second Amendment attitude: "It's not really right for a Brit to jump up and start talking to us about gun control."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-w...#ixzz2uCW9TMdn
    Last edited by scruff; February 23rd, 2014 at 10:02 PM.

(Bucks County)

Wait until we see the replacement. At least everyone knows he's a douche and don't watch him.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Delaware County)

I thought you meant he passed away.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(York County)

As I was reading the thread the news of his cancelation was broadcast on our local WGAL TV channel.

That's the best news I've heard to start my day with in some time.

Funny, when the TV anchor mentioned that he was a former British tabloid news person that sort of clicked. In the UK the tabloid news method of slanting facts and being stubbornly opinionated is a national thing. Much as we rally about the slant the media tends to have in the this country on reporting, in general Americans want their news outlets to be a bit more fact and a little less over the top sensationalist (with the exception of Larry King).

Piers probably never got the memo, and his condescending and high handed attitude cost him. Back home in his native country, his attitudes are good for gaining approval and ratings, here it only alienates him. Too bad for him. I know that some/many British journalists who report on the USA try to at least look at the American gun culture as a part of our society (even if they don't approve of our laws on ownership).

When an elitist Brit tries to do this to Americans, it does tend to rile us doesn't it? Guess you never read American history did you Mr. Morgan?

Memo to Mr. Morgan on his plane ride back the UK: you might want to bone up on US History. Especially the parts between 1763-1782.

(Lancaster County)

I'm sure PMSNBC is already getting a new set for him built in their studios.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast