Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tim Benz resigns over gun comments?

Well, it's time for US to make sure the station does not allow that douchebag to continue to earn a living with them after threatening it's very listeners.

Mention that you're contacting their advertisers about this as well.
    THAT is where they earn their money.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The libtards are throwing a hissy fit in the comment section of an article on the Post-Gazette web site, as if the gun nuts got him fired for merely mentioning gun control. No mention of the abusive on-air rant. Could definitely use some input from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ifman View Post
    Anyone else in the Pittsburgh area hear what exactly happened with Tim Benz today? I heard he quit on the air after throwing a bit of a fit over a LGS giving away an AR15, and telling a pro-gun listener he hoped Obama droned his family and took his guns.

This is all hearsay, I didn't see or hear any of it, just trying to piece together what happened. Benz is an idiot anyways, no big loss for Pittsburgh Radio.
    I stopped listening to that morning show after the shooting, I hope after reading the thread I find it's true. It's one thing to have your opinions, but he's the piers Morgan of morning radio in Pittsburgh.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

SEND YOUR COMMENTS. Links provided!

105.9 "the X" radio station (Pittsburgh) "contact us" link.

PARENT COMPANY (Clear Channel Communications) "contact us" link.
    Remember to be specific about the name of the DJ and station as they own a million of them.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The libtards are throwing a hissy fit in the comment section of an article on the Post-Gazette web site, as if the gun nuts got him fired for merely mentioning gun control. No mention of the abusive on-air rant. Could definitely use some input from us.
    Here's a good one:

"The 2nd amendment was the biggest mistake our founding fathers made. Millions of people have died because of their mistake...."

And another:

"The second amendment is in the bill of rights to enforce tyranny."

And here is a real gem that rightfully came from a gentleman with an avatar of a man with his head up his ass:

"Gun owners - especially ASSAULT RIFLE users and owners - do NOT understand the 2nd amendment. Stop hiding behind YOUR misinterpretation of the constitution. Think about what the intent was... owning a single shot musket from 1776 or a semi-automatic, high powered rifle to shred animals - or humans - in half? Think about it...

Honestly, I am just surprised that people this stupid keep remembering to breathe.
    Last edited by marinville; February 8th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Here's a good one:

"The 2nd amendment was the biggest mistake our founding fathers made. Millions of people have died because of their mistake...."

Yep, it's a mistake that the founding fathers gave Honest free men the ability to defend themselves from criminals and tyrany
    And another:

If by "enforce tyranny" they mean "give tyrants something to think about and curse the inclusion of the 2nd" they are correct

And Here is a real gem that rightfully came from a gentleman with an avatar of a man with his head up his ass:

"Gun owners - especially ASSAULT RIFLE users and owners - do NOT understand the 2nd amendment. Stop hiding behind YOUR misinterpretation of the constitution. Think about what the intent was... owning a single shot musket from 1776 or a semi-automatic, high powered rifle to shred animals - or humans - in half? Think about it...[]
    Yes, I am sure they thought "hey, just in case we are invaded by another country, or have to face multiple criminals with superior firepower, honest citizens are so impervious to superior numbers and weapons, they will be able to forever prevail with one musket shot out of a gun

The comments, they make my brain hurt with the idiocracy of their statements.

(Allegheny County)

Here's a good one:

And another:

And here is a real gem that rightfully came from a gentleman with an avatar of a man with his head up his ass:

"Gun owners - especially ASSAULT RIFLE users and owners - do NOT understand the 2nd amendment. Stop hiding behind YOUR misinterpretation of the constitution. Think about what the intent was... owning a single shot musket from 1776 or a semi-automatic, high powered rifle to shred animals - or humans - in half? Think about it...

Honestly, I am just surprised that people this stupid keep remembering to breathe.
    Average person - logic - emotional intelligence = Average Post-Gazette poster

(Allegheny County)

Here's a good one:

And another:

Ya well maybe next time they log on to their computer to type their stupid ass remarks instead tell them to get out their feather and bottle of ink and write a letter. Then they can find a messenger on a horse to deliver it. After all in 1776 that's what they used.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
    Average person - logic - emotional intelligence = Average Post-Gazette poster
    I don't know if they have someone moderating in real time or if my post was flagged for some reason, but I posted a comment directed at the reporter for neglecting to report on the abusive comments that got him into trouble, and the post never showed up. Those sheeple have no idea how badly Benz shot himself in the foot; they think Clear Channel took him off because the overly-sensitive gun nuts bombarded the station with complaints, not because he lost it on air and on FB.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I don't know if they have someone moderating in real time or if my post was flagged for some reason, but I posted a comment directed at the reporter for neglecting to report on the abusive comments that got him into trouble, and the post never showed up. Those sheeple have no idea how badly Benz shot himself in the foot; they think Clear Channel took him off because the overly-sensitive gun nuts bombarded the station with complaints, not because he lost it on air and on FB.
    It's on there as of a few minutes ago. Of course facts are not important in the gun control debate....that has nothing to do with Benz "resigning". Nor does the 1st Amendment. Simple fact is he said something that shouldn't have been said in a public venue.
    The baseball bat comments were in the "privacy" of email until he brought part of it to light. After which, the whole exchange was made public.
    (this is a separate prior event by the way, not connected to this current issue)(well other than the fact that Benz has made death wishes prior)

I wonder how this would be viewed if the shoe was on the other foot? As in a "gun owning listener" commented on Tim Benz getting blown up in a drone strike? Still a threat? Should the person posting it be reprimanded in any way?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast