Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Senator Bob Casey supports the "assault weapons" ban

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy...State&state=PA

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, an individual in Newtown, Connecticut forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire on teachers and staff in the building. In total, the perpetrator murdered 20 students between the ages of six and seven years old, as well as six adults, many of whom heroically sought to stop the shooter and save the lives of children. Like many Americans, I was deeply affected by the scope and brutality of this act. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The motives that led to this senseless massacre will likely never fully be comprehended. However, I believe that all public officials have a responsibility to work to prevent such an event from occurring again. This incident reflects a complex problem that requires a comprehensive strategy, including funding for law enforcement officers and the mental health care system. Too many individuals with mental illness are not receiving the services they need and tragically, sometimes a small number of these individuals turn violent. I have supported access to affordable and accessible mental health services for all Americans and I will continue to review proposed solutions to improve our mental health system.

As you may know, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Pennsylvania has a fine hunting and sporting tradition, and I will defend the right to bear arms as it is enshrined in our Constitution. However, I also believe that the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School highlights very serious dangers posed to public safety by the misuse of certain weapons and technology originally developed for warfare. According to reports, the shooter was able to kill many children and adults very quickly because he possessed a military-style semiautomatic weapon. He also allegedly used magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition and carried hundreds of rounds more. After much reflection and careful study of the issue, I have decided to support a federal assault weapons ban as well as legislation restricting high capacity clips. In light of what occurred at Sandy Hook, these are two measures that will lessen the chances that this will happen again soon.

Our Nation has already begun a critical dialogue as we examine what steps must be taken to prevent this type of tragedy in the future. On December 19, 2012, President Obama announced the formation of an inter-agency task initiative, led by Vice President Biden, to study these issues and recommend possible actions. I look forward to reviewing these proposals, as well to working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to address this complex issue.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
    Bob Casey
    United States Senator

(Chester County)

Worst part is this schmuck is one of 24 senate members that has to vote on the proposed AWB legislation. He isnt even up for reelection any time soon. When it comes time to vote I will do anything I can to get him out.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

Default Re: Senator Bob Casey supports the "assault weapons" ban

PA is one of the largest gun owning states in the nation and he was elected with this as part of the assumption.

The SOB does not represent his constituency, and doesn't even pretend to care.

I will not post what I think should happen to people like this.

Effing Traitor.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

That was his standard response. I am curious if anyone received differing correspondence. My second mailing in response to the above went unanswered, at least up to this date.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Westmoreland County)

Well,,.there ya go. I always said this guy was as dumb as a dog pile. I NEVER, repeat....NEVER voted for him.

So....now you got what you voted for. (For those that voted him in.) Vote in dog piles, get dog pile results. No surprise.

Dave

At least he was honest about his position and didn't beat around the bush, I'll give him that .

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    At least he was honest about his position and didn't beat around the bush, I'll give him that .
    That's the problem, he was not honest about his position until after the November election and after the Connecticut shooting.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Cumberland County)

my second email went unanswered as well. i thought senators were suppose to "represent". my latest email from toomey is pretty unsettling too - non commital, just says he will take everything "under advisement" - wtf - we pay you morons!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Here is a thread with a link to a newspaper interview he did this week about his new stance on gun control. The link also includes a video of the interview. I sent a question into the paper for them to ask. The question was along the lines of "what do you have to say to the people who voted for you based on your pro 2nd Amendment anti assault weapons ban policy". They asked the question and he really did not answer it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...d-my-mind.html

Quote Originally Posted by rangeofficer View Post
    As father of 3 said, he was not honest about it. He changed his view after he was elected. Some people voted for him based on his pro 2nd amendment stance. Check out this line from the article in the link found in the previous post.

"U.S. Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., changed his position on gun laws a few days after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012. He discussed his change in position at length during a meeting with Delaware County Daily Times editorial board Monday morning.

Casey, who was recently re-elected to his second term in the U.S. Senate, acknowledged that some people may view his new stance as a flip flop in position. “I think some people will say that,” he said. “We live in a free country and they’re free to say that and make that assessment.”

Does not sound like his position during the election was very honest. He flip flopped and changed his stance. I will not give him any props.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast