Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default L-3 EOTech OPMOD EXPS2

Looking to upgrade my Nikon VSD and this is my front-runner for replacement. I want a 1 MOA dot for precision and this has it. The reticle on this seems extremely useful for what I want the sight to do. 65 MOA ring for close up and possibly moving targets, and 1 MOA for reasonable accuracy out to 200 yards plus. I say that because I was able to hit a 8-10 inch target at 200 yards with the "cheapo" Nikon unit that was adjusted to 1 MOA. I also want light-weight, low mount, and good battery life from a standard model of battery. Yes, CR123's aren't as common as AA, but they are common enough, and all of them are lithium and that means good shelf life if it's made by a reputable company.

Any other models in this price range that have similar specs?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/l3-eotec...2-0-opmod.html
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: L-3 EOTech OPMOD EXPS2

I am a fan of eotech. I think they produce quality time tested optics that are meant to last.

Aimpoint fans will tell you no but it's like Mac and PCs in the shooting world.

I run a espx3-4 and definitely stand behind it.
    "No, I am not a great shot, but I shoot often" - Teddy Roosevelt

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: L-3 EOTech OPMOD EXPS2

You mention that you want "low mount". Did you realize that the exps models sit higher than all of the others? The "e" designates that it sits a little higher(7mm I think) than all the others to offer a lower 1/3 cowitness.

If you want lower, and a full cowitness, look at the xps versions.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.