Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats in pa

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Bobcats in pa

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Yes, sightings are rare. Bobcats are nocturnal and not common. Much of the growing awareness seems to be due to the increasing number of photos captured by trail cams.
    There is at least one on Tobyhanna Army depot along with the deer, turkeys and the large black bear wither two cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    There is at least one on Tobyhanna Army depot along with the deer, turkeys and the large black bear wither two cubs.
    Maybe it's just a mutant deer from all the inbreeding. Kinda like the abnormally large population of albino deer on Edgewood Arsenal. We all know the albino deer are not a result of the chem weapons dumped there in the 1950s because the gov't says so.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Maybe it's just a mutant deer from all the inbreeding. Kinda like the abnormally large population of albino deer on Edgewood Arsenal. We all know the albino deer are not a result of the chem weapons dumped there in the 1950s because the gov't says so.
    On most bases without impact areas or ranges the wildlife are safe form being hunted.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    A bobcat is not even twice the size of a house cat. If a 15-25lb kitty cat can eat you then there's a problem.
    I was referring to a mountain lion.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Luzerne County)

A friend of mine who lives up by Ricketts Glen S.P. hunts coyote and bobcat through the winter. Bobcats are rarer than coyote for sure but they see the cats quite frequently. Bringing one home is another matter entirely. He does have a very nice mount of a cat that he did bring home from a hunt a few years ago.
    Maybe three times the size of a house cat. At least.
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    A bobcat is not even twice the size of a house cat. If a 15-25lb kitty cat can eat you then there's a problem.
    It might not eat you but it would definitely fuck you up. Pound for pound, kitty cats are about the toughest things going. Mountain lions and leopards can drag more than twice their own weight up a tree like its nothing. Plus they have a lot of sharp pointy things.

I have seen a few around, caught two on film about 100 yards from the house, saw a mother and 3 kittens years ago in broad daylight, the mother was trying to get them to move a little faster, but they kept looking back wonder what I was doing.. then another time I was still hunting and got turns around in some blow downs, ended up making a lot of noise then stopped on ridge line to get a bearing and GPS coordinate, so I was referencing my topo map as it was a new area and I was pretty deep, I guess I was there about 10 minutes when a bobcat came creeping by about 50 yards away working a gully for small mice and such, I never heard him, only his movement caught me eye, I watched him for about 5 minutes until he vanished over the ridge line. he never knew I was there to my surprise, and it made me suspicious, because I thought it was too uncommon.. I let it go at that..
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(York County)

That's ok, you guys have your fun. I used to think the same silly shit. Then one day something funny happened.

I know what I saw. So does the guy that was with me. Prolly someone's pet that got loose. At least, that's the line the game commission uses. Yeah. Sure.

I can't get a youtube version of this, but a cat was rescued in my Daughters area in Gaspe Quebec..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10150097732255236
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Just got back from my sister in law's place out in western PA. She had some pics of a bobcat my wife's grandpappy shot. The picture of it on the newspaper has "NON-FADING July 1955" stamped on the back. Don't know what year the Club-Wagon is but I'm sure the hood ain't small.

Also turns out that this isn't the one we have the head mounted from. She said that one is probably from the 40's. Grandpappy shot them at his cabin near Forksville. He was a Seabee in WWII. They also have a picture he took of this lemur/bigfoot looking thing he shot on some island in the Pacific.

Can't get more than one pic on a post, so more to come below.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast