Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats in pa

(York County)

Default Re: Bobcats in pa

I know there are bobcats in PA. I now guys at work who've caught them on traile cams. I've never personally seen one, but I have seen a mountain lion, and have a witness to coroborate. Just last week I was talking to a friend who is a tree harvester. He spends pretty much all day, every day in the woods marking trees. He told me he's seen quite a few mountain lions and been stalked a few times himself. They're out there for sure. PA seems to be getting a little wilder every year. I love it!

About once a month i see a decent sized bobcat in the same location on the way home . Sometimes it's sitting maybe 5' from the road on a stump just staring off into space. you can drive by slow and it wont move but once you stop it disappears very quickly.

A few weeks ago I saw a very very large one walking across the road around 1030 pm in the rain. I thought cats didnt like water.

I see lots of fishers too, those are one fast animal.

This place is like africa most of the time , except the crocodiles are in harrisburg and the hippos/elephants are all at walmart buying frozen pizzas.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Bucks County)

I saw a huge cat in Rome PA about 15 years ago. It was the Saturday before opening day of rifle season for deer and we were scouting for where we were gonna hunt on Monday. It stood up and just walked away slowly when we got about 50 yards away. I couldn't see it's head and it was overcast and getting near dusk. Couldn't really pin down the color because of the light conditions but it looked kinda grayish. I clearly saw it's shoulder blades going up and down while it was walking. It was almost german shepherd sized and all I had on me was my Buck 119. I didn't think that bobcats got that big or that mountain lions were making a comeback. I still wonder wtf it was.

We have a bobcat head mount in our living room. My wife's grandfather shot it probably 60 years ago at his cabin near Forksville.

(Lawrence County)

I used to see mountain lions all the time around here until the zebra and gazelle populations died off. When I turned 15 I had to prove my worth to my family by going out into the mountains and killing one with just a spear. Now all we ever see is the occasional bengal tiger when they drag one of our workers out of the sugar cane fields. I had a really cool video of one of those tigers battling a yeti over a caribou that I had shot just North of Pittsburgh but unfortunately I left it laying around the house and the jackelope I had as a pet ate it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I used to see mountain lions all the time around here until the zebra and gazelle populations died off. When I turned 15 I had to prove my worth to my family by going out into the mountains and killing one with just a spear. Now all we ever see is the occasional bengal tiger when they drag one of our workers out of the sugar cane fields. I had a really cool video of one of those tigers battling a yeti over a caribou that I had shot just North of Pittsburgh but unfortunately I left it laying around the house and the jackelope I had as a pet ate it.
    I worry about being eaten by one when I walk into the woods in the dark to go deer hunting.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I worry about being eaten by one when I walk into the woods in the dark to go deer hunting.
    A bobcat is not even twice the size of a house cat. If a 15-25lb kitty cat can eat you then there's a problem.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Here is a trick I've used several times to save my ass. Tigers are afraid of elephants so all you have to do is put your arm out in front of your face like it's a trunk and they will run away. Works almost every time.

(Bucks County)

A full-sized adult house cat can kill you... but a little pussy never hurt anybody.

Yes, sightings are rare. Bobcats are nocturnal and not common. Much of the growing awareness seems to be due to the increasing number of photos captured by trail cams.

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE=Bang;2835406]A full-sized adult house cat can kill you... but a little pussy never hurt anybody.[/QUOTE

Obviously you have never uttered the wrong name at the wrong time, an ANGRY one can kick your ass

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast