Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats in pa

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Bobcats in pa

Thanks RWJ. Yeah I know they were in the weasel family but always called them fisher cats. I guess some people might have seen them as a cat just like mtn lions.

(Schuylkill County)

I found some of the grainy stills I salvaged from my bobcat video. When I first saw it was only eyes on up looking over the boulder. When we locked eyes it sat up. After a minute it noticed I had a dog with me and it didn't like my dog near its rat. It was very dense foliage and I only had a small window for a direct line of site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Berks County)

A few years back I had 2 living out behind the house. I saw them one morning during muzzleloader season chasing a rabbit. I haven't been outback lately since there was snow ion the ground to see if they are still around.

I saw a dead one on 422 out near Reading this weekend past
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Carbon County)

I just saw a bobcat today (about 5:30 PM) in my back yard (Lehighton PA.) Did not get a photo as it was about 10 feet away from my free range chickens and I started hollering right away, so it ran off into the woods. I didn't know for sure what it was until I searched the internet and saw pictures. I did know for sure it was no domestic cat. It was much taller and leaner, and of course it had the short tail.
    I am wondering... if I see it again in my yard or near my chickens, assuming it were safe to do so, could I lawfully shoot it? I gather it is a game animal but if it is threatening your livestock...?

(Luzerne County)

hunters got one off my side of mountain this past year ....oversized pussy cats.
    Last edited by Brandi_Pup; August 30th, 2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Always sorting 12 ga. once fired hulls ...Looking for something ...LMK

(Carbon County)

They are for sure expanding their range again. I have been hunting at one mountain in Schuylkill county my whole life and cut my first bobcat tracks last year. Never saw sign of them on that mountain before.

Most people refer to feral cats as bobcats, there is a difference..

You are very likely to see a feral cat as it mingles with other cats in populated areas, they will hunt around homes for food, but Bobcats are rarely seen.

Slightly larger than a house cat to double in size, they are very discreet, do not like surroundings where humans are and will rarely be seen other then in rural areas where foul might be a source of food.

Smaller cousin of the Canadian Lynx, the Lynx Rufus has a bobbed tail where it derives its name.

If you where to corner one, it would probably get very ugly, but chances of being attacked by one in the wild are slim to none.

If you like the looks of the cat, and decided to domesticate it, you would probably be better served with a Savannah cat Or a Bengal cat Both without the bob tail, but very spirited and agile.

Mind you, be ready to spend over $600 for one, probably closer to $5k..

In Savannah's the F rating is how far from wild it is, F1 being wildest to F7 or more being further generations..
    Last edited by Frenchy; August 31st, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lackawanna County)

believe it or not, some friends live in springbrook, either lacka. or luzerne co. less than amile off 502, she had photo of bobcat on her i-phone, told her your damm lucky all you got was a picture. bobcat was walking thru their yard adjacent to wooded area

Had my honeymoon in Lancaster, PA. In the AM, our host put us in front of the window, so we could watch the snow while we had a huge breakfast. As I look at the field across he street, a bobcat is starting right back at us. Beautiful against the snow background.

That was 10 years ago.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast