Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Insurance to carry

Just heard on the news they are thinking about forcing us to carry liability ins to carry. And they wanna repeal castle doct. So that we must run and hide and let the bad guys do what they want FUCK THAT you break in i will shoot your ass. And I am not and will not get insuance to carry. I have an idea how about bad guys get insurance so I can sue them for the psycolagical damage I will suffer when I have to shoot thier stupid ass. FUCK THIS AMERICA is a land of retards and pussy in charge. We need to end this shit and just all start constitutionally carrying. FUCK the goverment

(Erie County)

Default Re: Insurance to carry

i am working on this its house bill 521. it has not been pushed yet they tryed before and it was sunk in the mud because its comming out of philly and will never see the light of day. also the aclu is also working on it to.

Quote Originally Posted by VinDyl View Post
    Just heard on the news they are thinking about forcing us to carry liability ins to carry. And they wanna repeal castle doct. So that we must run and hide and let the bad guys do what they want FUCK THAT you break in i will shoot your ass. And I am not and will not get insuance to carry. I have an idea how about bad guys get insurance so I can sue them for the psycolagical damage I will suffer when I have to shoot thier stupid ass. FUCK THIS AMERICA is a land of retards and pussy in charge. We need to end this shit and just all start constitutionally carrying. FUCK the goverment

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by progunrightsfighter86 View Post
    i am working on this its house bill 521. it has not been pushed yet they tryed before and it was sunk in the mud because its comming out of philly and will never see the light of day. also the aclu is also working on it to.
    Thanks for the heads up--just read the proposed statute--linky below:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0521

Outside of the need for liability insurance, I found the most interesting part (and I certainly may have missed stuff being a layperson and all) are the penalties for not carrying the appropriate insurance:

First Offense: $1000 fine
    Second Offense: $5000 fine
    Third Offense: $10000 fine and 3rd degree misdemeanor
    Fourth Offense and Higher: Fine of at least $15000 and a 2nd degree misdemeanor

But what I don't get is if this passes, criminals will have a disincentive to getting their lawful LTCF lol.

(Erie County)

thats why it will not pass. were working on it right now before it has any ground to move.

Quote Originally Posted by cdd1 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up--just read the proposed statute--linky below:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0521

Outside of the need for liability insurance, I found the most interesting part (and I certainly may have missed stuff being a layperson and all) are the penalties for not carrying the appropriate insurance:

First Offense: $1000 fine
    Second Offense: $5000 fine
    Third Offense: $10000 fine and 3rd degree misdemeanor
    Fourth Offense and Higher: Fine of at least $15000 and a 2nd degree misdemeanor

But what I don't get is if this passes, criminals will have a disincentive to getting their lawful LTCF lol.

(Chester County)

I always thought extra self-defense liability insurance would be a good thing to have just in case, but I don't like the government forcing it on anyone.

Kind of like health insurance that way.

(York County)

Thumbs down Re: Insurance to carry

WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP !!!!!!!!!!

The irony is that this will ensure that the poor, who live in the worst neighborhoods and are most likely in need of defensive force, will be the least likely to be able to carry. For an example of the sheer irony of this bill, here's a video of the prime sponsor of this bill (Rep Waters) discussing why he opposed another bill (Voter Registration).

If you're not going to watch the whole thing, look from 55 seconds to 1:43. That's all you need to know about this hypocrite.

Indeed, Rep Waters, what is your real reason for doing this?

(Philadelphia County)

Can it be like State Farm and if I go 6 months with out shooting someone I gety money back?
    "No, I am not a great shot, but I shoot often" - Teddy Roosevelt

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PaTom View Post
    I always thought extra self-defense liability insurance would be a good thing to have just in case, but I don't like the government forcing it on anyone.

Kind of like health insurance that way.
    It is hard to avoid getting sick. It is not hard to avoid shooting the wrong person unless you are a cop.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

I am not aware of any Insurance Company that issues firearms liability insurance. They all know that. This would be a defacto gun confiscation in that with no insurance out there to be bought, you won't be able to own. Hence no guns. Requiring insurance that does not exist for a State Constitutionally protected right is grossly illegal and will not stand if for some reason it passes.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast