Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: LTCF expiry notifications

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Let me make sure I understand you. You want people to provide their names and information who have applied for LTFCs? Are you joking?

Why not just ask for credit card numbers and bank accounts?

Don't take offense but there is no way in hell I would provide my personal info online or through a PM. Hopefully your intentions are honest and legitimate but most here don't know where the information is going or where it will end up. What you will have in the end is a handy list of handgun owners that could be lost or misplaced and found by someone who shouldn't have it.
    Thanks for your input. I understand your concern, and if you aren't interested, well, that's fine.

The issue exists that the office of the Sheriff is failing to send notifications, to at least some number of people, of whom I am one of those, and who several family members are also. I want to try to affect some change in this area, but in order to know if this is a 'real' problem, it helps to know if there are more than my limited circle of family and friends that have been affected. I suppose for the purposes of that, no 'identifying information' is really needed, just raise your hand if it has happened to you.

I've raised my hand. What about you?

Judges appoint the sheriff in Northampton County? Aren't they elected like the rest of the counties in the state?
    Northampton County is one of only two (I think) Counties in PA that the Sheriff is appointed. Technically, the Sheriff is appointed by the County Executive, but the President Judge also has a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post
    Thanks for your input. I understand your concern, and if you aren't interested, well, that's fine.

The issue exists that the office of the Sheriff is failing to send notifications, to at least some number of people, of whom I am one of those, and who several family members are also. I want to try to affect some change in this area, but in order to know if this is a 'real' problem, it helps to know if there are more than my limited circle of family and friends that have been affected. I suppose for the purposes of that, no 'identifying information' is really needed, just raise your hand if it has happened to you.

I've raised my hand. What about you?

Northampton County is one of only two (I think) Counties in PA that the Sheriff is appointed. Technically, the Sheriff is appointed by the County Executive, but the President Judge also has a part in it.
    No need to raise mine in this case. As you can see I live in Cumberland County.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    too funny. how do we even know op isn't some kinda gumment organization rep trying to sucker us onto his list. heh. j/k op...or am I? lol.
    I've put my name on the original post. I'm not hiding anything.

-Darryl

(Northampton County)

No need to raise mine in this case. As you can see I live in Cumberland County.
    Ah. Well, hope things are better there...

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post
    I've put my name on the original post. I'm not hiding anything.

-Darryl
    I know you did. was only kidding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12