Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't decide

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default can't decide

i got somewere in the $600 range for Christmas and i can't make up my mind on what to get with it. Maybe a pistol or maybe if i can find a kit to make an assult rifle(the perfered rout) but i don't know were to even start.

Default Re: can't decide

If it was my money, I'd sit down and think about needs vs. wants. What do you currently and what do you need. If you are new to firearms, I'd go long range rifle or medium range shotgun first. But, if you plan on carrying, I'd go pistol first. It really depends on what you currently own. You will be pushing for an AR...even if you "build" it will normally run $650 and up for a NIB AR, unless you skimp on parts.

Let us know what you currently own, so we can assist better.

(Allegheny County)

Mark, Send it to me .

I'll start to piece together something I know you'll like.

Good luck
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Philadelphia County)

You most definitely have too think in terms of need VS. want.

What do you plan on doing with this firearm?

Example, long distance, IDPA and the like, home defence, hunting, ect.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Put $400 into long term savings. Do what you want with the other $200.

Starting to save your money at 18 will be the best decision you make in your life.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    If it was my money, I'd sit down and think about needs vs. wants. What do you currently and what do you need. If you are new to firearms, I'd go long range rifle or medium range shotgun first. But, if you plan on carrying, I'd go pistol first. It really depends on what you currently own. You will be pushing for an AR...even if you "build" it will normally run $650 and up for a NIB AR, unless you skimp on parts.

Let us know what you currently own, so we can assist better.
    I own a breach loading 12gagueand two .22's ones a bolt action one's a semi. I'm looking for somthing with a bit more power then a 22 to shoot or if i go the pistol rout it would be for traget shooting with until i turn 21 and can get my LTCF.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Put $400 into long term savings. Do what you want with the other $200.

Starting to save your money at 18 will be the best decision you make in your life.
    I disagree. Unless you have a steady source of income to supplement your long term savings, I'd say you grab those $600 and burn it on a gun and some ammo.

Heck, get yourself a lap-dance or two while you are at it.

$400 is too little on savings to do anything, whats going to happen is you are going to put it in the bank, and lose to inflation. It IS a great idea to start saving young, get a job, and save 20% of your paycheck every month. Thats the way to do it,.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

In the $600 price range and wanting something with more power. I would recommend Kel Tec PLR 16 $429 at CDNN or a SU-16. Both weapons use AR15 mags, so you can have 30 rounds available to you. Keep in mind that the Kel Tec lines are cheaper than AR15's because they are made mostly of polymer. Here are links to two Kel Tec forums, so you can read up on those two models that I recommended to you.

http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/index.php

(Montgomery County)

ok so i made a decision. none of the above. I'm going to aruba in june so its going in a 3mounth CD and it will be part of my booze money for down on the one happy island (senior week in another country woohoo.)

(Philadelphia County)

WoW! What a twist!!

Good luck on your trip!
    ==============
    ~Samuel Adams

~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast