Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default OCing mare's legs and other non typical handgun

I just picked up a Henry Mares Leg 22 lr yesterday and just got me wondering does any one open carry a mares lg or any other non typical handgun for the heck of it? i would actually consider taking it fishing with me when i go night fishing for protecting from 4 legged critters.

Default Re: OCing mare's legs and other non typical handgun

A fellow PAFOA member I met at a meet and greet carried a revolver in a cowboy rig. I guess you could call that non typical.

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    I just picked up a Henry Mares Leg 22 lr yesterday and just got me wondering does any one open carry a mares lg or any other non typical handgun for the heck of it? i would actually consider taking it fishing with me when i go night fishing for protecting from 4 legged critters.
    Personally, I have no problem with people who OC cut-down rifles or other non-traditional protective arms, as long as they choose the venue with intelligence and empathy.

A guy fly fishing in the middle of nowhere with a Draco or Mare's leg or even an FN-FAL slung over his shoulder, says to me "please don't rob me while I'm fishing". Doesn't bother me at all.

The same thing on the guy bowling next to me on League Night screams "I'm bug-fucking-nuts, call somebody or at least duck down before I strip naked and run amok."

Why would my opinion matter at all? Because I like guns, and if your behavior bothers me, then just imagine what it does to the 99% of folks who like guns a lot less than I do. And those people vote, and they respond to a lot of perceived problems by demanding new laws and new police powers. That's why.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Blair County)

rep to gunlawyer. Just because you can does mean you should. There are alot of things i can do. That doesnt make them a good idea. Under the current climate youll probably be snatched up pretty quick.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Personally, I have no problem with people who OC cut-down rifles or other non-traditional protective arms, as long as they choose the venue with intelligence and empathy.

A guy fly fishing in the middle of nowhere with a Draco or Mare's leg or even an FN-FAL slung over his shoulder, says to me "please don't rob me while I'm fishing". Doesn't bother me at all.

The same thing on the guy bowling next to me on League Night screams "I'm bug-fucking-nuts, call somebody or at least duck down before I strip naked and run amok."

Why would my opinion matter at all? Because I like guns, and if your behavior bothers me, then just imagine what it does to the 99% of folks who like guns a lot less than I do. And those people vote, and they respond to a lot of perceived problems by demanding new laws and new police powers. That's why.
    I agree.

While it is our right to carry any lawful firearm, sometimes there are better venues than others for certain types of firearms. You might get a couple quick stares around here for OC'n a mare's leg, but in Philly or probably any other city you might be the subject of a MWAG call. ...where as a more typical holstered handgun would be less likely to draw unwanted attention.

If you live in one of those areas where a MWAG is likely, you might want to "break in" the residents of the area with a well announced group "exotic gun walk" first(having the police along with the walk will help associate exotic guns to lawful carry). Folks will often associate big gun carry in such events as part of the 1st Amendment. Then when the sheeple see it later in individual situations, there is the likeliness that the sheeple will be less timid.

Not every exotic gun carrier is a whackjob, but there are a lot of whackjobs who like to carry exotic guns. (see the story about the guy in Tennessee and the AK pistol)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

A few years back I was OCing my P-38 with the big black flap holster for a while. Damn accurate pistol with my reloads. Not the best rig for carry, then again if you practice enough anything will work.

I mostly CC myself.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Dauphin County)

I get some strange looks if I wear my Safariland Cup Challenge holster, but I am normally on my way to or from the range with my NRA RSO jacket/shirt so it's up in the air which gets me the stranger looks.

(Lackawanna County)

A mare's leg is about the only gun I would open carry, but only because I'm a Firefly nerd.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    A mare's leg is about the only gun I would open carry, but only because I'm a Firefly nerd.

take me out to the black
    tell 'em I ain't coming back
    burn the land and boil the sea
    you can't take the sky from me
    grumble10char

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

A+ AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast