Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default HB 521 Rep Waters - Mandatory 1 million LTCF liability insurance - 2013-2014

HB 521 Rep Waters - Mandatory 1 million LTCF liability insurance - 2013-2014

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=10860
    MEMORANDUM
    Posted: January 11, 2013 04:29 PM

To: All House members
    Subject: Firearm Liability Insurance

In the near future, I will be re-introducing legislation – former House Bill 2693 – that will amend Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes requiring individuals to obtain firearm liability insurance if they possess a license to carry a firearm. Currently, the National Rifle Association (NRA) offers multiple firearm liability insurance programs to its members. According to the NRA website, firearm liability insurance offers extra protection for a person’s legal firearms and accessories in cases of theft, injury, property damage, and for civil defense costs.

My legislation would require all firearm liability insurance policies to be in the amount of at least $1,000,000 and to satisfy any judgment for personal injuries or property damages arising out of negligent or willful acts involving the use of an insured firearm. The insurance policy will not cover any unlawful acts made with the firearm. If the licensing authority is notified that the licensee’s policy has either been cancelled or terminated, then the licensee’s license to carry will be automatically revoked. In addition, an individual who has obtained a firearm license or permit to carry from another state will be required to obtain firearm liability insurance within 30 days of arriving in Pennsylvania. An individual who fails to maintain firearm liability insurance will be subject to a fine of $1,000 for the first offense.

Individuals are currently required to purchase auto insurance in Pennsylvania, and firearm insurance would be in a similar risk management category. Individuals who are injured as a result of a firearm would have their medical bills covered under the firearms’ liability insurance. Furthermore, liability insurance would also cover any civil judgments against an owner of a firearm that may arise out of the use of a firearm.

If you have any questions regarding this important legislation, please contact Germaine Brown in my Harrisburg office via email at gbrown@pahouse.net or at 717-772-6955.
    HB 521 you got to read this to believe this (including confiscation w/o insurance)
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=0521

sponsors WATERS, BROWNLEE, MCCARTER, BISHOP, SCHLOSSBERG, THOMAS, V. BROWN, COHEN, ROEBUCK, KINSEY, BRIGGS, GAINEY, KIRKLAND, SIMS, STURLA and SANTARSIERO

Don’t like all of this anti-gun stuff making you ownership of firearm more expensive, more heavily regulated. Get into the fight!

Don’t like LTCF permits?

We Shouldn’t need a government permission slip to exercise a right anyway

Constitutional Carry (with upgrades) is getting readied for re introduction by Rep Saccone (former HB 2176) for the 2013-2014 session with a cool number as well

BTW we are taking the political fight to HBG on April 23, 2013, maybe you should consider joining US in the effort to make sure this proposed - Mandatory LTCF liability insurance and ALL the Numerous anti-freedom (gun control) bill never MOVE!

2013 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event
    http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...ing-event.html
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; February 5th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: HB 521 Rep Waters - Mandatory 1 million LTCF liability insurance - 2013-2014

Rather than start another thread on a related subjects with HB 522 Neighborhood Watch Groups

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=10862

MEMORANDUM
    Posted: January 11, 2013 04:33 PM
    To: All House members
    Subject: Neighborhood Watch Groups

In the near future, I will be re-introducing legislation – former House Bill 2694 – that will amend Titles 42 (Judiciary and Judicial Procedure) and 44 (Law and Justice) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes to require neighborhood watch groups to register with the Pennsylvania Attorney General. Currently, neighborhood watch groups are not required to undergo any type of training by professional law enforcement officers. In addition, members are permitted to carry firearms without receiving firearm training and without having firearm liability insurance.

My legislation would require all neighborhood watch group members to attend public safety training provided by the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP). A member may only carry a licensed firearm while on patrol if, by a majority vote, the members of the group permit the member to do so, and the member has undergone firearm training provided by the PSP. Moreover, members of neighborhood watch groups will only be subject to the current anti-drug and neighborhood watch volunteer civil immunity if their watch group is registered with the Pennsylvania Attorney General.

Furthermore, if a neighborhood watch group permits members to carry firearms, the group must then purchase a firearm liability insurance policy covering all firearms that are licensed under each member’s name. The policy’s annual premium must be paid in full and equally distributed among each member of the group, and must be in the amount of at least $1,000,000.

If you have any questions regarding this legislation, please contact Germaine Brown in my Harrisburg office via email at gbrown@pahouse.net or at 717-772-6955.
    Read the text of HB 522
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=522
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; February 5th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Northampton County)

Default Re: HB 521 Rep Waters - Mandatory 1 million LTCF liability insurance - 2013-2014

this is NUTS! as others have said, my carry license is the 2nd amendment....

we need to stand strong, and keep calling, wrting and emailing to let them know this will not be tolerated, a violation of our rights, and they will be VOTED OUT OF OFFICE when its election time....
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Mercer County)

Thumbs up Re: HB 521 Rep Waters - Mandatory 1 million LTCF liability insurance - 2013-2014

Im sure they have measures in place to make sure that this will apply to criminals as well. What a joke. The libs will do anything to create a govement jobs and take away our rights. Take a stand.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

. . .requiring individuals to obtain firearm liability insurance if they possess a license to carry a firearm. . . .The insurance policy will not cover any unlawful acts made with the firearm.
    Once again, burdens are being put upon the law abiding citizen. Get a license and you need insurance. Criminals won't need insurance. If you go nuts and shoot up my house, your insurance won't help me. Shooting in most towns is "unlawful" so if you accidentally shoot a hole in my car, your insurance won't help me.

It sounds as though the only people this will help are the insurance companies and the criminals who get shot.

(Luzerne County)

Someone should tell this "MAN" the difference...

The right to keep and bear arms is a RIGHT

A drivers license is a PRIVILEGE...

AND maybe we should start a bill to have politicians carry $1,000,000 in LIABILITY insurance for making stupid bills that go against the Constitution......
    Last edited by schr8er2000; February 5th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Never gave it much thought before but a liability policy might be a good idea, I just don't like the government telling me that I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    It sounds as though the only people this will help are the insurance companies and the criminals who get shot.
    It will also help the criminals who get voted into office by lying to the population by telling them this will make them safe and garner more votes.

We need to expand our political influence from legislators to friends and family. Especially those on the fence.

Expose the lies and hypocrisy of these protectionist politicians, but do it intelligently.

For instance, the same politician who is introducing this also wants to effectively end your right to protect yourself and your family, something most people would most likely be against. Use this as a way to undermine anything that same politician does otherwise.

Use the same tactics that politicians use on each other in slander campaigns, etc., but use truth instead. Its time to wake everybody up.

(Bucks County)

These idiots are relentless. They are NOT working in "we the People"'s interest.

It is tiring seeing this crap day after day. Same day voter registration is fine with this nutbag but the PA constitution "....shall not be questioned is not ok.

To hell with him. Time to write the reps again.
    Politicians who fear the people seek to disarm them.

People who fear their government's intentions refuse to be disarmed.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Never gave it much thought before but a liability policy might be a good idea, I just don't like the government telling me that I need it.
    Kinda like health insurance, huh?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast