Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Any non US citizen in Montgomery county apply for ccw??

I thought the check was just a NICS check to get the LTCF?

That usually takes all of 15-30 minutes, and I believe they call immigration, etc. for a green card holder as well?

Did you get it yet?

(York County)

confirmed that an LPR must be cleared thru INS as to status before being issued LTCF

can I please ask a question and I hope it does not come off as disrespectful. If you are buying guns, I would assume you are not super cash strapped. so why would you not pay the $700 and become a citizen? I personally would think that gaining citizenship would be a great accomplishment.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by FMJT View Post
    can I please ask a question and I hope it does not come off as disrespectful. If you are buying guns, I would assume you are not super cash strapped. so why would you not pay the $700 and become a citizen? I personally would think that gaining citizenship would be a great accomplishment.

Wat? No one, not the OP or anyone else in this thread has said anything about buying guns, and a LTCF is $20.

Guns can be gifted, or handed down, or even purchased years ago when they were far cheaper than today.

My daughter-in-law is from Peru, and they have been working on her citizenship for years. It is neither easy nor cheap, and it's no cakewalk. They do own a .45, I guess because my son didn't want his family to be unprotected while his country jerks him around with paperwork.

Citizenship is nice and all that, but self defense is higher on the priority list.

Not that you asked me, just my thoughts.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Wat? No one, not the OP or anyone else in this thread has said anything about buying guns, and a LTCF is $20.

Guns can be gifted, or handed down, or even purchased years ago when they were far cheaper than today.

I don't think he meant any disrespect and I got to admit, the same question ran through my mind.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I don't think he meant any disrespect and I got to admit, the same question ran through my mind.

I agree, I didn't see any disrespect either, and it seems a reasonable question for anyone not experienced or aware of the process. I wasn't going to chime in at all until I checked and saw that no one else in the thread was logged in, so I figured I would post my .02.

On the chance that my response seems to have a "tone" of some sort, none is intended.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

the way the earler post sounded was $700 was keeping him from getting it. as i said, no disrespect just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I agree. I was curious as well, his personal take of why an ltcf was more important than citizenship. mabey its not for personal protection.

if its not intruding id like to know too.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    I agree. I was curious as well, his personal take of why an ltcf was more important than citizenship. mabey its not for personal protection.

if its not intruding id like to know too.
    It could be for Employment, Target Shooting, Hunting/Fishing, Gun Collecting or another lawful purpose.

(Lebanon County)

I too am a "green card" holder (although it's not green). I live in Lebanon Co, my Sheriff has 45 days to respond to an application, although he usually gets it done in less than 14. Whether or you are a US citizen or not should have no bearing on your ability to get your LTCF and no reason to delay the process, to delay, or imply a delay due to your citizen status is discriminatory ergo unlawful.

Would I want to get my citizenship? I have, in the resent passed disgust it with my wife and kids, and decided to hold until our government comes up with a plan on the "border jumpers", if they are getting some kind of amnesty or a break on getting their citizenship, I'm sure wanting a piece of that action. I came here legally in '88, it cost $5000 and a 2 year process, I've worked and payed my taxes like every other law abiding citizen, and it burns my butt when I get lumped in along with illegals.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast