Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default CLOSED>Keep a eye Meet-N-Greet , RANGE DAY!

All I am going to say is watch this spot for a update on 2-5-13...?????? Might be interesting!

Alright folks, Here goes nothing....

I am in the works of putting together a Meet-N-Greet with Some shootin time as well.

It will be hosted by "The Matamoras Rod and Gun Club" . Now in the past I have tried to improve on the year before MNG. We all had a good time last year. So this year I am trying to add in some shootin time as well. Now Before you all say "Nah, not interested", hear me out.

I am looking at a date of either one of the following.
    May 4th-this is a saturday, or the 5th wich of course is sunday. I am leaning more to saturday. But if the mass of folks can make sunday then so be it. So lets get some input saturday or sunday?But there is also May 18th as well, maybe save this as a rain date.

Now lets also talk time. I think we can have a good time with about a 4 to 5 hr time frame. Say From 12:00 to 4pm. But maybe starting at 11AM might be better for one main reason. LUNCH, Sorry wont be Taco bell, But some good ol burgers and dogs and side dishes. During this time we will also review the rules of the clubs range and property. We MUST respect this, Some of us are members there. Others are going to be our Guests, so we need to be considerate. Plus if so to also be invited back again.

COST, ok so lets touch on this some. In the past I have done the meet n greet at a resturaunt. We all spend money on food and beverages, But there is a added item here. Oh whats that, oh yeah A a few shooting ranges.
    I am figuring on a donation per person, Someplace between $15 to $20. All depends on what I can get the food for and other items.
    Donation in a nut shell would cover the following.
    Food/drinks, targets/clays, back boards we shoot up. Remaining money will go towards the scholarship fund and range improvments etc.
    This donation would be paid the day of the event, but a sign up needs to be done. Shure would stink to not have enough food...

Now as for the general run down...
    There will be range time for all. If thiings go as I am thinking there will be some instructors there. If I can get everything going as I hope to do we will have the following.
    I am thinking a demo of the following.
    *Cowboy action, We have some members who are DAMN good. I will see If I can get them to do A live fire demo, who knows you might get hooked.
    *Action pistol, Basically the same as ID?A with minor changes...This due to a NASTY gram about using the "trade mark name/initials"..Again trying for a live fire demo. We have a fella who just took the Florida state revolver championship, hopefully he will be able to make it.
    *Trap shoot. We have a few folks who are great instructors. And they work great with the kids as well.

In the next week or so I am going to put a full agenda together. So there will be some things added etc. After the demos we will have range time to use your own firearms on the setups. or we can just have some good ol fun. This will be the perfect time to allow fellow firearms folks to TEST drive weapons of interest. My suggestion would be if folks bring something, and dont mind others test firing. mention what you plan to bring. Those who would like to test fire someones firearm, plan on feeding it! So in a nut shell bring AMMO with you!!!!

I figure there will also be discussion of the current events of the gun world. I also will have to say bring your family as well. But I will also let you know now, there are porta-pottys. We are in the process of building restroom facilitys. They might be done by then, but might not. Just want folks to have a heads up.
    I would love to see new shooters, young shooters as well. If you know someone who is on the fence, BRING them along.

I will start a NEW thread in the general section as I get more rock solid plans together. I have alot of ducks to get in a row here so please hang in there.

In the new thread in the next few days, I will also get a sign up list going. Trust me this is going to be alot of fun for all of us. Brain is frazled, but sleep will help. Post up folks.....

Snert...
    Last edited by Snert; March 10th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Keep a eye on this....

No hints???

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    All I am going to say is watch this spot for a update on 2-5-12...?????? Might be interesting!
    Keep an eye on this spot for a smart-ass remark on 2-5-13

Might be interesting....

Or in others words....in before the lock????

(Lackawanna County)

come on thats two days away. I dont have that kind of attention span.

(Monroe County)

any clues? come on your killing us!
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

(Pike County)

Hopefully...."Fun"

(Lancaster County)

How do you keep a bunch of pollocks in suspense?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Ok, guess ill wait and see

(Bucks County)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    All I am going to say is watch this spot for a update on 2-5-12...?????? Might be interesting!
    And if it's not interesting? Do I get some sort of compensation for wasting my time? Don't worry, I'm easy... a couple of taco's will suffice.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast