Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What do you do when the carry permit takes too long?

Hello All.

I applied for my carry permit (Philadelphia County) on 11/28/12, but I still have not received anything. It has been over the required 45 days. What should I do to hurry this process along?

Thanks in advance.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What do you do when the carry permit takes too long?

Quote Originally Posted by wharriso View Post
    Hello All.

I applied for my carry permit (Philadelphia County) on 11/28/12, but I still have not received anything. It has been over the required 45 days. What should I do to hurry this process along?

Thanks in advance.
    I filled out my app on 11/26/12 and just heard back from them last Wednesday.

It sucks, but you can take the time to go down there, fill out the sign in sheet and ask whats taking so long. In some cases, they just forget to mail out the letters.

Don't bother calling, they will not give out any info over the phone.

(Dauphin County)

Smile Re: What do you do when the carry permit takes too long?

(lol)(oops) My dislexia musta been kicking in again and I read "what do you carry when permit takes too long? I said was about to answer.. twinky?

I guess you could take a chance not to offend and write to them. Depends on your area. Maybe a fello county member will chime in on the average wait time. I feel bad. My county takes 2 wks to renew and you'll never guess where the Sheriff's office is. Say "Linda" 3xs fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerGeek View Post
    I filled out my app on 11/26/12 and just heard back from them last Wednesday.

It sucks, but you can take the time to go down there, fill out the sign in sheet and ask whats taking so long. In some cases, they just forget to mail out the letters.

Don't bother calling, they will not give out any info over the phone.
    Your timing is good to know, I guess I will wait a few days then pay them a visit.

(Delaware County)

You don't ask anything.

You drive down there and DEMAND it.
    They have 45 days to deny you (with certified reason) or issue it

There's really nothing else to discuss and nothin else they can say to you

(Indiana County)

In theory, a writ of mandamus from the Court of Common Pleas demanding the Philly GPU issue or deny should work. Might require an attorney to file, might not. Have to ask the court clerk that question.

(Philadelphia County)

Just go down there and asks about your status. I applied Dec. 10th, 2012 and was issued my LTC last Fri [2/1/2013]. I recommend at this point going down and asking about your status then simply say "Well it's been 45 days". If they give you the Business day BS tell them "No, It's calendar days. Captain Healy & Staff Inspector Levin said it was and encouraged us to quote them on that." If the give you some chicken shit about being closed for two weeks tell them "I was told you were closed to the public but you were still processing applications during this time." This is what I did and the lady told me straight up "Come back in a week with or with out your letter and it should be done." Came back in a week and surprise surprise it was ready. I get the feeling if they see you know your shit and are expecting them to follow the law they'll push your paper work ahead. Tough in there defense [Not that I want to defend them], They were packed when I went in Feb. 1st. They were so packed people were waiting in the lobby and the guard was sending five people up at a time. People were waiting in the hallway on the 2nd floor too. But since you put in your app way before this and you passed you 45 days mark a while ago you should of been cleared. Just go in with what I told you and remember "Among dicks, a little balls goes a long way."

*Ignore BimmerJohn, waltzing in and demanding your LTCF be handed to you right this minute won't do shit. No matter what his tempertantrums in Delco got him. Go in and be calm & courteous but take no bull shit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Just go down there and asks about your status. I applied Dec. 10th, 2012 and was issued my LTC last Fri [2/1/2013]. I recommend at this point going down and asking about your status then simply say "Well it's been 45 days". If they give you the Business day BS tell them "No, It's calendar days. Captain Healy & Staff Inspector Levin said it was and encouraged us to quote them on that." If the give you some chicken shit about being closed for two weeks tell them "I was told you were closed to the public but you were still processing applications during this time." This is what I did and the lady told me straight up "Come back in a week with or with out your letter and it should be done." Came back in a week and surprise surprise it was ready. I get the feeling if they see you know your shit and are expecting them to follow the law they'll push your paper work ahead. Tough in there defense [Not that I want to defend them], They were packed when I went in Feb. 1st. They were so packed people were waiting in the lobby and the guard was sending five people up at a time. People were waiting in the hallway on the 2nd floor too. But since you put in your app way before this and you passed you 45 days mark a while ago you should of been cleared. Just go in with what I told you and remember "Among dicks, a little balls goes a long way."

*Ignore BimmerJohn, waltzing in and demanding your LTCF be handed to you right this minute won't do shit. No matter what his tempertantrums in Delco got him. Go in and be calm & courteous but take no bull shit from them.
    Awsome! I was hoping to hear from someone with pretty much the same experience. I was starting to think it was just my problem. I will try to get out there today, if I can get off from work. Thanks!

(Berks County)

Move to Berks county, take all of 30 minutes.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post

Demanding can be done politely...

Either way.. If you're gonna sit down and heel like a broken dog, why bother starting these threads or asking procedure/law?

Just heel like a good boy and wait until they decide to throw you a treat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast