Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970

Default Re: Can't be a beer snob every day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Chimichanga View Post
    most beer gardens are full of awful, aging IPAs just waiting for the uninformed to take them home & ruin their opinion of the style as a whole.

as a rule, bad beer comes in 6 packs & better beer comes in 4 packs. if there is no date on it & you aren't buying directly from the brewer, buy something else. anything else.

we are fortunate to live in the mid atlantic area where the best IPAs are being made, typically the style is known as a new england IPA.

they pour hazy & you can still taste the hop profile without it being too over the top, unlike west coast IPAs which try to blow your head off with hop ridiculousness.
    I always look for dates, Ive seen some past due. I like unfiltered hazy IPA's. Long trail brewing's limbo is a good
    beer at home, too powerful for me to drink at a bar. I cant stand any victory beers, they all taste the same to me .

it's a shame, there was a time when Victory was probably the best beer coming out of PA but things seem to have become really stagnant since they merged with Southern Tier.

I think Victory makes 6 beers year round, none are particularly exciting & I would rate hop devil as probably the worst ipa on any given shelf.

(Luzerne County)

The brewery I work at is releasing a new beer. It is called crazy cowboy. 5000 cases were run today. It is a lager and the alcohol content is about 5%.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Mercer County)

I bought variety pack of Shock Top, Belgium white style, four recipes blood orange, grapefruit, uglifruit, and standard Belgium white. Pretty good stuff, like blood orange best

Shocktop is Anheuser-Busch's fake craft beer line, it was created so AB could further monopolize shelf space.

Stickman had a triple can release last weekend. The Plain Chicken Nuggets pale ale is decent, but the stout & ipa were real stand out.

Ladies Who Lunch ipa has a solid 4 on untappd with 125+ check ins, Stack that Cake stout is the same with just over 75 reviews.

These are probably the best two beers Stickman has made this year & I would say in their top 5 of all time.
    Last edited by Jimmy_Chimichanga; March 7th, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970