Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Do gun show vendors enjoy bring their stuff home after the show?

From the looks of things they must. I stopped by a local show in Lancaster this weekend and it was absolute wall to wall people. I did notice as I was walking from down the block where I had to park that those that were already leaving were not carrying a thing. Bad sign. After squirming between people for an hour I left empty handed too. Wasr 10s for $1450 and Smith M&P ARs for a mere $2500. I saw a guy ask the AK vendor to meet him at $1200 which is still INSANE but he wouldn't budge. The same was true for accessories as well. All I can figure is the vendors actually enjoy lugging their stuff home. Is this true at other shows as well?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Do gun show vendors enjoy bring their stuff home after the show?

It seems online sales are where it's at for vendors. Not sure how show vendors handle their sales but if they have an online storefront, use GB or similar sites, they are probably still moving product.

(Delaware County)

From my own personal experiences at the gun shows they have really gone down hill these past couple of years but most surely at least a year leading up to the Sandybrook incident. Most of the vendors were overpriced then. Dont get me wrong there were deals to be had but they were far few and in between. The only thing I could consistently purchase was jerky. Some good deals on ammo but again that would be it. I definitely wont be attending any gunshows any time soon as I have found that it cost me to attend them between travel time, gas and admission. I can walk around the local gunshops and find overpriced items to purchase. I understand what the current climate has caused but that doesnt mean I have to be part of it. So for now no gun shows
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

Was at the Wind Gap, PA show yesterday and overheard a possible deal. Buyer is looking at a Glock 27 for $600. He says to the vendor come down to $550 and he will take it cash. This is a used pistol BTW. Vendor gets incensed and says the price on the tag is the price and there is no negotiation. I know the price on a G27 new and this pistol was not exactly LNIB. $550 was more than reasonable and he should be making a nice profit. But, as he said, no negotiation and the buyer went on his way. I really believe these gun show dealers play on the edge and hedge their sales on what is going on politically, market wise and the mood of the show. The dealer probably knows that he will sell that used pistol for the $600. More power to him.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Good God....not another thread whining about prices.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

I have been to a show and had $400 in my pocket to buy ammo cans for my friends and I and had 2 vendors refuse to budge $1 per can on a $400 sale.....So I think some vendors do like to carry their stuff home with them. On the other hand, vendor #3 was more than happy to make a deal and helped me carry out the cans.

I was going to attend that Lacnaster show but had kid's sports activities to attend instead. Sounds like I didn't miss much. As far as guys not wanting to budge on inflated prices, look at this case of ammo Trop had on Gunbroker(I'm kind of beating Trop like a red-headed stepchild lately, and that's not my intention here, just using a personal example I'm familiar with). They had a case of Federal .223 on GB. That case of ammo before Sandy Hook would probably have sold for someone in the neighborhood of $350. It closed on GB for $690. Add to that the $35 shipping and the customer actually paid $725. When they can get that kind of money by throwing it online it's hard to get them to be 'reasonable'.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    From the looks of things they must. I stopped by a local show in Lancaster this weekend and it was absolute wall to wall people. I did notice as I was walking from down the block where I had to park that those that were already leaving were not carrying a thing. Bad sign. After squirming between people for an hour I left empty handed too. Wasr 10s for $1450 and Smith M&P ARs for a mere $2500. I saw a guy ask the AK vendor to meet him at $1200 which is still INSANE but he wouldn't budge. The same was true for accessories as well. All I can figure is the vendors actually enjoy lugging their stuff home. Is this true at other shows as well?
    I stopped by that show yesterday also. I saw the Wasr for 1450 and the an sks for 1200+. I also saw chinese 7.62 ammo, $700 for 500 rounds. I guess they figure it just takes the right buyer and their day is made.

I considered buying one rifle, I think it was a Winchester 357 with a scope, for $295. But I knew nothing about the rifle and was saving for ammo which I wound up finding in my own backyard at Targetmaster. If I had bought it, it would have been a total impulse buy with me researching it afterwards. Still kind of wish I had grabbed it just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by internet troll; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

They won't budge on the price because they know that for every 100 people who say "F you" to the price tag, there is always one dude with a fat wallet who says "OK".

For better or worse, it's a seller's market.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I stopped by that show yesterday also. I saw the Wasr for 1450 and the an sks for 1200+. I also saw chinese 7.62 ammo, $700 for 500 rounds. I guess they figure it just takes the right buyer and their day is made.

I considered buying one rifle, I think it was a Winchester 357 with a scope, for $295. But I knew nothing about the rifle and was saving for ammo which I wound up finding in my own backyard at Targetmaster. If I had bought it, it would have been a total impulse buy with me researching it afterwards. Still kind of wish I had grabbed it just for the hell of it.
    You hurt me bad brother.
    That is one of the things on my wish list. If it was in good condition I would have dove across the table hugging the rifle babbling "mine mine". That seems to be a good price for the .357. I see the 30-30 for $300 often but the .357 usually get a premium.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast