Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Charlie Dent's Town Hall in Hamburg

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...,2110835.story

I want everybody to be careful here. Dent is on our side. And, he will listen to you and probably take your thoughtful ideas into account. I don't think he truly believes that the Bill of Rights is absolute, and he is unfortunately in good company. However, he has no interest in banning guns or magazines - unfortunately, that's because he doesn't think it will do any good. Not because he realizes the Constitution doesn't grant him such a power in the first place.

"You have to balance individual rights against the needs of the community for public safety," he said.
    No, Mr. Dent, you have to follow the Constitution all the time, every time, not when it is easy and safe, but when it is hard and dangerous. But it makes your job very simple.

"With rights, come responsibilities," said Dent, 52. "The challenge we face is how to keep assault weapons out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill."
    OK, I know first hand that Mr. Dent knows there are so few murders with "assault weapons" that it's a non-issue. So, he's not talking about solvign a problem, he's talking about taking action for the purpose of political pandering. What action? Violating The Constitution. What is he willing to give for it? His personal wealth? No. The rights of his Constituents. He is talking about violating the Constitution and throwing his constituents under the bus for the purpose of political pandering.

I don't know whether he means it or not. But it is dangerous to liberty to even say such things in public. It gives comfort and support to the enemy of liberty and assists in their efforts to brainwash the population.

He's a nice guy, and he's on our side. Call him, set him straight, but be nice to him, and understand he looks at things a little differently than some of us do.

Ask to speak to him personally, don't settle for talking to his staffers. He will call you back if he is busy.

Allentown Office:
    3900 Hamilton Boulevard, Suite 207
    Allentown, Pennsylvania 18103
    Phone: (610) 770-3490

He doesn't have the power or the right to pass any federal gun laws, whether it has to do with mental health of anything else. And he already knows it's not going to accomplish anything, so it's a little disturbing to hear this from him.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Charlie Dent's Town Hall in Hamburg

Did anybody call? They told me they hadn't heard anything.

Default Re: Charlie Dent's Town Hall in Hamburg

This is the first I saw your post Ed, but I will be calling today. It is not the first time I have called about this particular issue.