Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default 3 or 4 inch Revolver?

Ok. So I'm looking into buy a new revolver to have as an alternate daily carry. Something to break up the monotony of carrying the same thing every day! Now, I did some research around here and didn't come up with much definitive.

3 vs. 4 inch barrel. Is a 4 inch too tough to carry and conceal? Does accuracy suffer greatly going to a 3 inch barrel? What one would be the better length for daily carry?

I haven't found much that gave my a peace so I figured I'd turn this loose and see if any other good points are brought up...As I'm sure they will be!

Thanks!

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: 3 or 4 inch Revolver?

hello, a ruger sp101 with a 3 in barrel is a lot more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal than a larger frame revolver with a 4 inch barrel. with a 3 inch accuracy isnot affected to much as any fixed sighted handgun. it was designed for up close and personal. with practice you can hit pop cans at 25 yards all day long.with a 4 inch barrel you can get a lot better accuracy but manly because most 4 inch and longer come with adjustable sights and usually a heavier frame so you hold it steadier. not to familar with smith & wesson lines , but i think they make a 3 inch revolver with adjustable sights , but not sure, sombody who has more knowledge of smiths could say so for sure.but if they do than it would more accurate out to ranges intended for the weapon than the fixed sighted ones will be.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClensedSoul View Post
    Something to break up the monotony of carrying the same thing every day!
    If you really want to have an upper hand in a fight, stick with one carry gun and get good with it. Monotony is driving a 69 Chevy Caprice back and forth to work for twenty five years. If you want a BUG, then go with a 3", max., preferably something light. JMHO
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Pike County)

A lot of times I carry a S&W Model 60 with a 3" barrel. It is easy to conceal and light enough too. At the range it is a very good shooter.

It all depends on what you wear, your body type, and what holster you will be using. I can carry a S&W Model 10 4 incher or something like a 28-2 with a 4" barrel and no one notices, I dress around the gun.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    If you really want to have an upper hand in a fight, stick with one carry gun and get good with it. Monotony is driving a 69 Chevy Caprice back and forth to work for twenty five years. If you want a BUG, then go with a 3", max., preferably something light. JMHO
    ^this.....
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodClensedSoul View Post
    Ok. So I'm looking into buy a new revolver to have as an alternate daily carry. Something to break up the monotony of carrying the same thing every day! Now, I did some research around here and didn't come up with much definitive.

3 vs. 4 inch barrel. Is a 4 inch too tough to carry and conceal? Does accuracy suffer greatly going to a 3 inch barrel? What one would be the better length for daily carry?

I haven't found much that gave my a peace so I figured I'd turn this loose and see if any other good points are brought up...As I'm sure they will be!

Thanks!
    [url]www.ballisticsbytheinch.com, that should help in your quest.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Crawford County)

I carry a six inch revolver as my daily carry and conceal carry. Its just a matter of where and how you are comfortable carrying.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

West of the mountains, south of the lake, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Back when I carried a 4" Smith 66 on duty, I carried the same revolver off duty. Year round, in a Sparks Summer Special. I had a 4" Model 19 Smith that substituted for the 66 at times, but for about 12-14 years, I carried a 4" revolver all of the time.

(Allegheny County)

Husband carries a 2 1/8" j frame Smith Revolver more than the 3" barrel of same gun not because of the barrel length but the rear sights tend to dig into him as they are adjustable unlike the snubby.

(Lycoming County)

3"

wow not enough characters

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast