Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Thumbs down NO more sportsman supply

i was at sportsman supply yesterday and wow is all i can say. price gouging at its finest ! a S&W m&P 15/22 $849 bricks of cci blazer lead 22 $54.95
    looks like grant is looking to retire early. to raise prices some is one thing but when your the largest shop in the area to out right bend people over and take total advantage of the maddness is bull shit !! ive pensonally spent a shit ton of money in that shop over the years and stayed away for a few years because of some onespesonality and selling practices so guess i'll be staying away again ! just my opinion some may agree and some may not.
    Last edited by davem; February 2nd, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

(Butler County)

Default Re: NO more sportsman supply

That sucks... Bought more than a few guns there and got reasonable prices before. Selling an mp 1522 for that price is crazy though...
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Allegheny County)

Yeah screw them. They should sell everything at less than market value, and have no inventory left to keep their employees working.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Westmoreland County)

So we DON'T like capitalism?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Yeah screw them. They should sell everything at less than market value, and have no inventory left to keep their employees working.
    nothin like bein a real ASS dude ! these shops that have the market cornered in their areas are just taking total advantage. i under stand price increases and supply and demand but not total out right screwing people. evidently were you shop must not be screwing you over as bad

(Westmoreland County)

The problem is prices don't just reflect demand but also distribution availability. If they are having trouble restocking they need to get more for what they have in stock of they won't be able to survive this. If they keep prices low and get cleaned out and have no stock for the next three months how do they make money?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    nothin like bein a real ASS dude ! these shops that have the market cornered in their areas are just taking total advantage. i under stand price increases and supply and demand but not total out right screwing people. evidently were you shop must not be screwing you over as bad
    Here is a little logic- i know, logic is very difficult to understand - They are only "screwing you" if you are buying. If you are buying, then obviously the price is acceptable to you. If the price is acceptable, or if you aren't buying, then you aren't getting screwed.

If you dislike capitalism and economics so much, then open your own shop, and sell your product for the price you are comfortable with.

Saying " I understand supply and demand, and then demonstrating that you don't is kind of funny.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Butler County)

well for you that dont know theyre unloading tractor trailer loads of ammo and guns constantly. ive delt there for over 30 yrs so unless you know the the past history dont stand on a pedistal and f......... preach. like i said i under stand things and he has more people working in the shop now, but like i said no need to be totaly cut throat !!! he's selling a shit ton of ammo and merchandise on line and thats cool but your regular customers that have been there for years and years thru ups and downs are really getting screwed

(Westmoreland County)

Look at it this way, in a year all the panic buyers will be selling their panic purchases at a loss to pay their credit card bills. You can laugh when you scoop up a used AR in an over-saturated market for 1/3 of what they paid for it.

(Butler County)

dont need another bought my 2 way before the madness ever started , not even stocking thousands of rounds like some was only looking for a few bricks of 22 ammo to get thru summer but dam 54.95 a brick for lead cci blazers. not this guy !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast