Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toomey

(Northampton County)

Default Toomey

I notice that Senator Toomey doesn't have gun control in his drop down for subject. Could've sworn it was there before for my first e-mail. Sent my last one under civil rights. Am I wrong about this? Did I miss something? I'm never really sure how to take this guy. Sometimes wonder if he's not an "under-the-radar" RINO.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

Default Re: Toomey

It's under "gun rights" in the drop down menu. Should work ok, I've been emailing him twice a day.

(Northampton County)

I don't understand why Toomey is getting beat up so much. And, let me tell you, he aint getting any points from the enemy, either.

I've been conversing with his staff for weeks via email and telephone on a first name basis. And I met with them this week for about 20 minutes. Everybody has always been 100% pro-2A, don't worry, yes you can count on him, never any hesitation.

They seem to be pretty clear that bans are out of the question but when it comes to anything else, such as universal background checks, they don't really seem to be sure. And this is actually something I need to start following up with them on. They like to use the out of "Toomey is not the type to yell a lot, he will always review everything before making a decision." I think more people need to be calling his staff and explaining to them that NO further firearms restrictions are needed, none will be tolerated, nor are they even legal by federal legislation in the first place. Don't let recent decades of federal law breaking make you think you are allowed to do it under some sort of precedent, we are awake now and will hold you accountable.

(Northampton County)

I'll look again. I swear it wasn't there. But then again, done that with things in the house and the wife made me look stupid then too!

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    I'll look again. I swear it wasn't there. But then again, done that with things in the house and the wife made me look stupid then too!
    I've been there! Usually with my car keys...lol.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    I don't remember but I know some of them do and some of them don't.

(Dauphin County)

I emailed him this afternoon asking him to come out with a definitive position on the 2nd Amendment. Is it a personal right or a state right? Does it mean that citizens have the right to own and use any type of firearm and any size magazine, or is it just for hunting? Why, since there is none or very little enforcement of existing gun control laws, is there a need for new and overlapping gun control laws? Why, when all of the recent mass shootings have been committed by persons who were mentally deranged, does the government see fit to disarm law abiding American citizens who have been through numerous “checks” when they purchased their legal firearms? What reparations will be given to existing gun owners if Senator Feinstein succeeds is making our large investment in firearms worthless by forbidding us from transferring them or leaving them to our heirs, in clear violation of the 5th Amendment?

I am waiting for a reply, but I’m not holding my breath.

(Northampton County)

Duh! Yep. It's there. It's alright. He still got the e-mail. It's a civil right anyway! ( I swear I went through that scroll a couple times! )

Toomey is "gun rights", Bob Casey-Obama is "firearms" IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I don't understand why Toomey is getting beat up so much.
    I think people are just frustrated that over and above the cookie-cutter email responses that we've all received back, Toomey has been pretty much silent on the issue since the latest crisis. We gun owners are an impatient lot. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst by emailing his office twice a day, calling once a day, snail mail once a week...I have it down to a routine. Don't know what more I can do, I've done everything I can think of short of sending smoke signals and screaming from the mountaintop. Lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast