Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Question WalMart - Winchester White Box problems?

Anyone ever have problems with that 100-round box of WWB that seems to be sold only in WalMart? I was out yesterday and had a couple of FTFs in a row using that stuff in my Kahr MK9 -- no problems with anything else. My friend used a mag or two of it and had a stovepipe in his Smith & Wesson 908.

Is this typical, or did we just get unlucky?

Default Re: WalMart - Winchester White Box problems?

It's cheap ammo, and it acts like it. I've had failures to feed, failures to fire, I've seen the brass crushed. It's not very accurate.

But it is cheap, and it usually goes bang. Good plinking ammo, good enough value for what you are paying, but I'd never bet my life on it!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Delaware County)

I use it all the time in my Kahr CW9 for range shooting, every once in a great while I'll have a failure, but not often enough to not buy it, considering it's about half the cost of most other brands. If you like to shoot at the range a lot, it's worth it.

Bill

(Greene County)

I use the WWB in both my Taurus PT92 & my Springfield A. WWII style 1911 and the only problems I have with it are when I "limp wrist" the 1911. Other than that, it is what it is a cheap range ammo.

Paul

(Pike County)

I cant remember where but recently I saw a post of problems with this ammo. One rifle I bought has a lifetime warentee, but its void if using whitebox from walmart. I have used it in my colt .45ACP and about everey other mag had a FTF.

But in the other post about WWB from WAL-FART. The fella said it was blowing apart at the neck and left a ring in the chamber with a stuck shell. So it ended his day of shooting. If I remember correctly, it was on a HK forum.

But as others will say, Its good for plinking only. quick fix of the trigger finger blue's...

I think there are other brands out there at local shops. Yes you will pay a buck or 2 more a box. BUT at least you know it will be better quality than the WAL-FART cut corners stuff.

I guess its best to say, you get what you pay for.

Snert.

(Mifflin County)

I've never had any problems using it.

As for the price difference, think about it. Your local shop is buying maybe 1000 rounds or so at a time. Wal-Mart is buying for all their stores, probably hundreds of thousands or rounds at a time. Who do you think is going to get the better price?

(Allegheny County)

I have put around 2000 rounds of WWB through my XDSC9. I have had 1 double feed and 1 crushed brass, both from the same box. Other than that I have had no problems, it seems to burn clean enough, but leaved all kinds of little grituals (grit particles, my word, trademarked) that look to be flecks of metal. I run my XD dry and just blow it out with compressed air.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    I cant remember where but recently I saw a post of problems with this ammo. One rifle I bought has a lifetime warentee, but its void if using whitebox from walmart. I have used it in my colt .45ACP and about everey other mag had a FTF.

But in the other post about WWB from WAL-FART. The fella said it was blowing apart at the neck and left a ring in the chamber with a stuck shell. So it ended his day of shooting. If I remember correctly, it was on a HK forum.

But as others will say, Its good for plinking only. quick fix of the trigger finger blue's...

I think there are other brands out there at local shops. Yes you will pay a buck or 2 more a box. BUT at least you know it will be better quality than the WAL-FART cut corners stuff.

Snert.
    What is the name of the rifle manufacturer that will void your warrant if you use Winchester White Box?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post

Snert.

I have to call major BS to your statement! What rifle? I've got to see the warranty on this. Maybe a picture or two of the warranty guidelines???

200,000+ WWB rounds not one single failure to report of any kind.

(Beaver County)

This white box is not exclusive to wallyworld, ive seen it at able ammo website
    Beretta 92fs INOX custom polished
    Mossberg 12g pump
    Enfield WWII .303

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast