Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: WalMart - Winchester White Box problems?

Quote Originally Posted by CQB View Post
    What ammo isn't dirty?!?!?

I've used a huge amount of different ammo over the years. Whether it be testing, carrying or just plain old range use. It's ALL dirty. The filthiest ammo I have ever used has been Federal EFMJ. I have yet to see CLEAN firing ammunition.
    If I can't see huge chunks of unburned powder I call it clean. Even my beloved Titegroup leaves a golden haze at the muzzle......

Lycanwherethere'ssmokethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Chester County)

Whenever we go shootin we always use WWB and I've never noticed any FTF's. We usually do 100 boxes at a time and I've never seen any problems.

Granted I'm new so I don't have much experience to talk about.
    ==============================
    ~Jester~

(Chester County)

Works well in my guns (Kimber Ultra Aegis II; H&K P2000sk; CZ75B; Beretta Storm CX4 40cal; Beretta 96). I aggressively pursue this ammo wherever I can find it. No FTF or FTE's at all that I can remember. Shoots cleaner than Remington target ammo. Problem is - I can't hardly find it anymore. My local gun range (Targetmaster in Chester county PA) has banned the 100 round value pack from the range. "Political" urinating contest with WalMart they claim. The hollow points work well in my 40 cal CX4 Storm and I use them for home defense in it. I load them into the 50 count WWB boxes when I go to Targetmaster and they allow it in.

I like the stuff - what more can I say. No more of the stuff at WalMart though. WalMart has become pussified with regard to ammo sales. They only sell 22 cal ammo now it seems.

RedVette
    Last edited by redvette; August 20th, 2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I have put around 2000 rounds of WWB through my XDSC9. I have had 1 double feed and 1 crushed brass, both from the same box. Other than that I have had no problems, it seems to burn clean enough, but leaved all kinds of little grituals (grit particles, my word, trademarked) that look to be flecks of metal. I run my XD dry and just blow it out with compressed air.
    SAME HERE! XD9mm Sub compacts do it better I NEVER EVER AFTER 8,000+ rounds have had one missfire or stovepipe except when I use my crappy 32 round mags. Those mags stink the ammo is fine.

(Jefferson County)

Of course, they could have improved the ammo slightly in the intervening year.

(Bucks County)

WWB in the 100 packs 45 ACP, 2 in 100 do not cycle my 1911 correctly and FTE.

The 50 rnd boxes have never given me any problem.

The brass works well for my good stuff.
    "Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American" Pennsylvania Gazette, February 20, 1788
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've used the 100 count value packs for years in a Browning Hi-Power. Never a problem except Target Masters will not allow them. Another comment on Target Masters and their fine customer service! To them the customer is always wrong.

(Allegheny County)

No issues at all. None!

Colt 1911
    Sig P220
    Sig P226

All love WWB

(Montgomery County)

I was there once. Walked in got to the counter. Saw the anti-gun sign while I'm packing. Looked at the guy behind the counter looked up saw the no WWB looked at the guy behind the counter and my buddy said no WWB? He said it's too dirty. I gave him a look and my buddy said well I know your competative then. He said something like ~$13 for 50. My buddy started trying to explain that I had 1000 round of WWB and was doing his catch em with honey crap which he is fantastic at. I couldn't do it. I looked at the buddy and said I don't support anti-gun gun stores and turned around and walked out.

Those people don't deserve our business they deserve to run a Ben & Jerrys Ice cream shop and sell antiques and vintage clothing out the other half.

(Chester County)

I've been shooting this ammo in my 9mm and my .45 ACP for years now. Don't recall ever having any more problems than any other brand of ammo....It may be plinking ammo, but considering that ammo is scarce these days, I buy it, I'll shoot it, and its in my home defense gun.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast