Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Shooting at Continental Arms in Timonium

Didnt see it posted here yet...

http://timonium.patch.com/articles/o...nium-gun-range

A man shot and killed himself Thursday evening at a Timonium gun shop and firing range, according to Baltimore County police spokesman Cpl. John Wachter.

Police responded to a 911 call regarding a shooting at the Continental Arms firing range a little after 5 p.m., Thursday.

It was determined at the scene that the man died of a self-inflicted gun shot wound. Two police cruisers remained in the upper parking lot on Deereco Road as of 6 p.m.

There were no other injuries reported.

Individuals seeking to rent a gun at Continental Arms must first provide a driver's license or some other form of government-issued identification. First time range shooters must also read over the rules and regulations of the range before obtaining a gun, in addition to filling out paperwork.

Patrons are often quizzed verbally on the rules, Patch has observed on a number of occasions.

Additionally, all ammunition used at the range must be purchased there.

It is unclear at this time if the deceased was a regular shooter at the firing range.

The deceased was found in the firing range area at Continental Arms and not the gun shop.

Continental Arms is located at 9603 Deereco Road in Timonium.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Shooting at Continental Arms in Timonium

Quote Originally Posted by BradB View Post
    Individuals seeking to rent a gun at Continental Arms must first provide a driver's license or some other form of government-issued identification. First time range shooters must also read over the rules and regulations of the range before obtaining a gun, in addition to filling out paperwork.

Patrons are often quizzed verbally on the rules, Patch has observed on a number of occasions.

Additionally, all ammunition used at the range must be purchased there.
    Sounds like a real party. Normally, only people that didn't have a government ID, didn't know the rules, or brought their own ammo would shoot themselves. They had all the bases covered but still it happened.

Maybe they should additionally make it a rule that you can't shoot yourself.

(Lancaster County)

Guys like this piss me off. Life sucks, you don't want to participate anymore? Find a quiet, secluded spot and call it in so those that are used to dealing with this stuff can find you. And load only the one round so the gun is empty and the slide locks back. Prepare your I.D. and who you want notified. Be professional and courteous. Sheesh! What an asshole

(Bucks County)

Nothing in this world that is worth taking your life for

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Guys like this piss me off. Life sucks, you don't want to participate anymore? Find a quiet, secluded spot and call it in so those that are used to dealing with this stuff can find you. And load only the one round so the gun is empty and the slide locks back. Prepare your I.D. and who you want notified. Be professional and courteous. Sheesh! What an asshole
    Unpossible. This is Maryland, discharging a gun is illegal except at the range.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

People take their own lives at gun ranges more often than you'd think. Targetmaster has had quite a few people commit suicide on their premise but they always skate under the radar with minimal press. I agree with the minimal press though since it allows the family to grieve. With Targetmaster's recent string of suicides it's been dubbed "suicide lanes" by some. I know someone took their life at French Creek Outfitters not too long ago.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-08-2...o-state-police

Why buy a gun to paint the wall or cieling with when you can rent one?
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Montgomery County)

I'm pretty sure Classic Pistol has changed their rules years ago because of jerks like this. They won't let you shoot by yourself if you don't bring any of your own guns.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(York County)

I have a friend who works for the medic company that responded. The range has signs that say "No Head Shots" referring to the targets. My friend said the guy shot himself in the head under one of these signs. Sorry I just find that funny. What a self centered dick....life sucks, just deal with it like the rest of us.
    Dead chickens don't smile.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fordmech00 View Post
    I have a friend who works for the medic company that responded. The range has signs that say "No Head Shots" referring to the targets. My friend said the guy shot himself in the head under one of these signs. Sorry I just find that funny. What a self centered dick....life sucks, just deal with it like the rest of us.
    Why don't they allow headshots, out of curiosity? I've never asked them about it since they always seem to be in a bad mood.