Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NRA vs NAGR

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: NRA vs NAGR

I'm not sure it is an attempt to split gun owners. But, I think our efforts are dilluted with too many organizations all claiming to be the best. That being said Sen. Rand Paul seems to have attached himself to NAGR. I'll reserve my decisiion on how effective until they actually accomplish something.
    Last edited by Brick; February 1st, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Not a fan of NAGR. IMO, their business model is simply: send out fearmongering emails and advertisement, always claiming "we must do something" then "p.s. give us money"

Then they take that money and do nothing. They have no lobbyists, politicians have never heard of them, and they are outright liars and cheats.

Currently, RMGO, which is also owned/run by Dudley Brown, who is the owner/CEO of NAGR, is shut down for not filing with the IRS for 3 straight years. I.e.. taking the money and pocketing it.

Here is a link to a thread on ar15.com about them, where the owner(dudley brown) responds to a call out for their blatant lying and scamming.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/126...ts.html&page=1

Notice, that he refuses to address the issue of the lying, but continues on his fear mongering tactics, and talks about how much he has done, when in reality he hasn't done much of anything.
    +1. I've read nothing but shady things about NAGR and Dudley for the last couple of years.

Found this thread searching this exact same question. I live in CO where Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is run by the same guy who runs NAGR. I am a member of RMGO, and NRA, but obviously am questioning which is representing the gun owners without caving.

Here's a link to an RMGO article saying that the NRA caved on the Brady background check when it was created.

(Lehigh County)

I am a member of the NRA, GOA, SAF. Proudly I mite add. In addition I contribute extra money during the year to all three.
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    I'm sorry but when is the last time anybody in the media, or any anti came out publicly throwing punches at NAGR or GOA or any of the other groups? I have no doubt that they are all there to support our cause, but to the enemy they don't exist.
    I think GOA is pushing the 3 million member mark, I'm personally both an NRA and GOA member. GOA has had a lot of legislative power lately because they focus almost all their efforts at old-school lobbying because it works.

Maybe if GOA could surpass the NRA membership numbers, they could work in the shadows while the left spends all their energy on fighting the NRA?

As for NAGR, I donated, but I'm kind of sick of the fear mongering and all the really weird letters I've received from various other organizations since then.

(Washington County)

I joined GOA when they first came on the scene and they did the used the same tatics as NAGR. I got so tired of sending in questionairs that never went anywhere. I dropped them and only gave to the NRA-ILA. I am a life member of the NRA since 1973. This year I added the GOA and SAF to my list of memberships. I get all the emails from NAGR, but do not send them money as I am not sure whether they are going to be effective. I want the most bang for my dollars and as far as I can see that is the NRA and local groups.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123