Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Arrow 42 Mosin 91/30 ex sniper or not

Just out of curiosity i'm posting this after some observations I've made on a recent quick buy at my local gun shop. I though it was a run of the mill 1942 Mosin, but the more I looked I found some other things:

Its a Tula
    Has CH cryillic markings over the date
    On high part of receiver (left side) has 2 welded over holes
    Low serial number: 296
    All matching numbers

Just curious to know from anyone more knowledgable on these firearms if I scored anything special as to value, or if it is just another 91/30 that I paid a $125 for. Any info is greatly appreciate, Thanks all.

Default Re: 42 Mosin 91/30 ex sniper or not

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7910 View Post
    Just out of curiosity i'm posting this after some observations I've made on a recent quick buy at my local gun shop. I though it was a run of the mill 1942 Mosin, but the more I looked I found some other things:

Its a Tula
    Has CH cryillic markings over the date
    On high part of receiver (left side) has 2 welded over holes

Low serial number: 296
    All matching numbers

Just curious to know from anyone more knowledgable on these firearms if I scored anything special as to value, or if it is just another 91/30 that I paid a $125 for. Any info is greatly appreciate, Thanks all.
    Sounds like you might have an "ex-sniper", or decommissioned sniping rifle. The high wall & filled mount holes seem to suggest this, pictures would be preferred.

At $125, it's a decent deal even as a plain 91/30. Ex-snipers don't seem to command more than a modest increase over a regular 91/30, but they are interesting. There was a guy that had a small business recommissioning them, last I heard he experienced serious cardiac challenges.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html