Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OAKS GUN SHOW! LARGEST SHOW IN THE AREA!!

Its so fun to see the price gougers.

(Delaware County)

Over 1200 tables of guns in one place?
    Wow, how can you resist?
    In the current climate, you know ammo is expensive and most of the ARs are expensive or not available either. In most of the gunshops I've been in, the choices have been slim for assault rifles and handguns.

I look forward to this show because I am just really wondering what those dealers are going to bring to fill those tables? It will have to be a very different show from the shows I've been going to for the last few years.

As far as finding a deal? I have always found some really great deal for something I liked. If you are looking for the latest thing that is in high demand? You won't find any deals on that one but there are plenty of things out there. .223 ammo on sale? Not gonna happen.

But 1200 tables? You have to believe there is plenty there to see.
    But on the other hand, if there are less of you in line, then you not being there won't hurt my feelings!

Smitty

(Warren County)

well said Smitty...... I always look forward to the Oaks shows......... come across some good deals here and always enjoyed walking around seeing what was available and what it was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    Over 1200 tables of guns in one place?
    Wow, how can you resist?
    In the current climate, you know ammo is expensive and most of the ARs are expensive or not available either. In most of the gunshops I've been in, the choices have been slim for assault rifles and handguns.

I look forward to this show because I am just really wondering what those dealers are going to bring to fill those tables? It will have to be a very different show from the shows I've been going to for the last few years.

As far as finding a deal? I have always found some really great deal for something I liked. If you are looking for the latest thing that is in high demand? You won't find any deals on that one but there are plenty of things out there. .223 ammo on sale? Not gonna happen.

But 1200 tables? You have to believe there is plenty there to see.
    But on the other hand, if there are less of you in line, then you not being there won't hurt my feelings!

Smitty
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by smokey240sx View Post
    Interesting for sure.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

It's not price gouging if people are willing to pay that much. So many people ask for freedom and demand it, but when they are confronted with a free market, they cry "Foul!" because either they can't afford something, or they want it cheap.

Selling a non-essential commodity at a market price that it will eventually sell at is not gouging at all. Gouging is when people are desperately seeking an essential need such as food or water, and you have plenty to go around but are setting the cost so prohibitively high that they can either not afford it at all, or not afford enough of it to survive without significant financial loss.

Selling a Glock that normally goes for $500.00 for $700.00 because you don't know when you'll be able to get another one is hardly gouging, especially when there are five people with fists full of cash willing to give it to you. Logic dictates if there are five people willing to buy it at $700, there may be three willing at $750, and one or two at $800.00. Is it wrong to sell a non-essential item on the free market? If that's the case, if I were to put an item on GunBroker and start it at a penny, and have it sell for double the retail value, is that gouging? Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, and nobody currently has a life-endangering NEED to buy something.

Sorry, I just hate when people use the term "Gouging" when it comes to the gun market. Is stuff expensive right now? Absolutely, it's ridiculous. Would I suggest a friend to buy now? Absolutely not, there's a 95% chance that you'll lose your hat and this will all settle down in a few months.

Are people still buying anyway, knowing that the market will likely return to it's old pricing, and that they are paying astronomical prices based on the fraction of a chance that a nasty law gets passed? Yes! They know whole-heartedly what they are doing. They know what they are buying, they know what it's worth, and they are OK with paying a premium just to have something today.

Not gouging in my book.

(Delaware County)

I have been keeping a list of small stuff I need. I hope to find some of it at decent prices. I enjoy shows just to be around gun stuff. It is worth the ten bucks just to have an outing with my brother and daughter.

Some things I am looking for are snap caps, a holster for my edc and a bead for my shotgun. Nothing big but I will probably not leave empty handed.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

We will have many new products, among them will be:
    New Medical Supplies
    New Crovel Products
    New Wise Food Products
    New Lindon Farms Food Products
    We have also expanded out Water Filtration line

Within the next few months, we will be upgrading our 26' trailer to a 48' trailer as our line of products will be expanding even more.

Look for us in the first building, we are always 4-5 rows deep.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Its so fun to see ignorance at its finest.

Say for instance, I have product "A". I go to my supplier and state, I need 1,000 units of product "A". My supplier states, Sorry - we only have 57 units left in stock, and have no idea when we are going to be able to supply you further.

Product "A" just then went from consumer a price of $50 dollars to $100+ depending on what the market will bear.

Why? Because me as a business owner doesn't know when I will be able to get them back in stock. Because i'm loosing the sales of Product "A", when they are gone they just that - gone. Now I'm going to have to look for a product "B" to pick up to sell at an already inflated price.

Its not price gouging - its the survival of businesses.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Berks County)

"A fool and his money are soon parted"
    As long as there are people with more money than brains, the prices will stay inflated.
    Don't like the prices, don't buy.

Hoping to Pick up a Sig from Scotsguards on friday!
    Great Guy to deal with!!!!!!
    "343" Never Forgotten

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast