Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: OAKS GUN SHOW! LARGEST SHOW IN THE AREA!!

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Anyone think this will be worth going to considering the current situation or will it be a waste of gas and $10?
    waste......

(Delaware County)

Anyone think this will be worth going to considering the current situation or will it be a waste of gas and $10?
    That will depend on what you're looking for. Forget ammo or be prepared to pay the price. I'm watching ARs prices backing down somewhat as some catch-up is occurring.

The thing to be looking for though, is walk in guns. This show is a known big deal. There will be some good walk around stuff for sure. And Jerky, don't forget the Jerkey...

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post

The thing to be looking for though, is walk in guns. This show is a known big deal. There will be some good walk around stuff for sure. And Jerky, don't forget the Jerkey...
    I'm pretty sure I still have some jerky leftover from the last Oaks show...

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: OAKS GUN SHOW! LARGEST SHOW IN THE AREA!!

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    That will depend on what you're looking for. Forget ammo or be prepared to pay the price. I'm watching ARs prices backing down somewhat as some catch-up is occurring.

That's what I'm hoping to see. Considering how (not) busy my weekends are, maybe it'll be worth it to at least go and walk around once or twice. I still have my tax dollars even though it was almost spent tonight on a Sig AR. Again, ammo being a major deciding factor right now....

If you are new to the sport and a first timer... have at it. Go, enjoy the atmosphere and buy what you need. If you are a seasoned veteran of the sport, then forget it. Anything that you may be interested in you will be disappointed if you find it in both the quality and price. Again, organized promoted scalping is what these shows have become. I know about the market and yes it is so far a free country. IMHO
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: OAKS GUN SHOW! LARGEST SHOW IN THE AREA!!

I usually make the entrance fee back by getting a few small things I need, in the end the $5 or $10 I spend to get in is equal to the shipping I would pay if I ordered them on line, and I get to have fun looking around for the afternoon,
    sometimes I even find a really good bargain, ....sometimes

If you have never been before it makes it for an entertaining way to spend the day...just don't expect any deals on stuff.

Also, there are other things to buy there besides guns..Last time I was there I walked out with a couple of ammo cans, a handy firestarter that will go in my BOB, and also saw some interesting firearms storage units.

That said, I will probably be sitting this one out...All I see are long lines of cars waiting to get in and park, and long lines of people waiting to pay to get in...

(Bucks County)

If your looking to sell some stuff its worth the time. The last 3 times I've gone I sold everything I brought with me while standing in line to get in. I know a lot of people don't like the current market but it offers the seller an advantage.
    "It's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike231 View Post
    If your looking to sell some stuff its worth the time. The last 3 times I've gone I sold everything I brought with me while standing in line to get in. I know a lot of people don't like the current market but it offers the seller an advantage.

That's exactly why I'm going, bringing a really nice AK-74 with a hefty price, if it sells great if not that's ok too. It should be at least entertaining to see the lowball offers I'll get and all the weird looks I'll get carrying it in from the parking lot hike

(York County)

Sort just going to throw this out here and say I,along with my son-in-law will be going.I am looking for a VEPR in 7.62 by 39 or another ak variant and for those of you who have attended this show before maybe point me in the right direction as far as dealers to look into....................thanks

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast