Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: The wonderful Route 6 Range

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
    I used to shoot there about 7 years ago.

Once me and my dad were shooting in January it was cold and no one else was there. These 2 New York City slickers walk up (Were at the Handgun range) and were shooting and they walk down range while were shooting! My old man looks at them and says "What are you dumb?" We packed up our stuff and left.

Honestly that range never impressed me after they stopped allowing Skeet/Trap shooting up in the field.

Now we shoot on private property all to ourselves and (Being a Welder) I made some steel targets. PING! PANG! PONG!
    Took my son to the pond next too the range today to try ice fishing it.( Didn't catch a dang thing though) Caught a few bluegills over the summer though. Give up fishin pull over to the range parking lot thinkin maybe we will go ahead and shoot the .22 a little bit and there's 8 other cars in the parking area, 7 new jersey plates and 1 new york plate and some jackass in his leather jacket with greased up head lookin like "My cousin Vinny" shootin buckshot out of an extended magazine mossberg. Decided not to stay with the Kid with me, Maybe an anonymous or not call to the game commission is in order.

Incedentally not sure if i spelled that right , Took the kid and wife to the 159 range sat. morning and had the whole thing to ourselves and it was beautiful there, I hope the Dirtbags that insist on tearing up the route 6 one never discover it.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by xtcjpr13 View Post
    pafoa group shoot?
    HAHA! I dont think the land owner would go for that.

My Gunsmith lives up around Scranton but told me there is a Cowboy Action shooting club/Range in Matamoras? I lived in Pike County my whole life and spend much time in Milford and Matamoras and I have never heard of it?

Anyone know about this Range/Club?
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
    HAHA! I dont think the land owner would go for that.

My Gunsmith lives up around Scranton but told me there is a Cowboy Action shooting club/Range in Matamoras? I lived in Pike County my whole life and spend much time in Milford and Matamoras and I have never heard of it?

Anyone know about this Range/Club?
    The Malibu Dude Ranch runs cowboy action shooting events. They have some sort of range up there but I think it's for guests only.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by CliffB View Post
    The Malibu Dude Ranch runs cowboy action shooting events. They have some sort of range up there but I think it's for guests only.
    Gotcha. Thats a big 10-4. Buddy of mine did all there signs up there, I still havent been up there yet....
    Know Christ Know Peace, No Christ No Peace

(Lackawanna County)

the matamoras rod and gun club does them too. prepare to sell an arm and a leg and knock off a member in order to get in there though.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincemasters View Post
    shootin buckshot out of an extended magazine mossberg. Decided not to stay with the Kid with me, Maybe an anonymous or not call to the game commission is in order.
    You could have politely pointed out the sign that says no multiple projectile ammunition. These idiots are the ones ruining it for those of us that play by the rules. At the very least I would have dropped a dime on his dumb ass

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    You could have politely pointed out the sign that says no multiple projectile ammunition. These idiots are the ones ruining it for those of us that play by the rules. At the very least I would have dropped a dime on his dumb ass
    I hear ya, but after a decade in 2 branches of the military its hard for me to be polite to Idiots, didn't think It was a good idea since I had the kid with me. Didn't have my phone with me either I usually do I would have loved to call and then sit there and wait for the warden to show up.

(Lancaster County)

couple years ago I was shooting my flintlock at the SGL183 range and a bunch of gansta wannabes showed up. They were doing the typical hollywood sidewise handgun thing and eventually were intrigued by my: one shot every 5 minutes or so, thing. I offered to let one of the "youths" have a shot. Loaded up and showed him how to handle it (.50 Lancaster Long rifle I built from scratch with a piece of curly maple that would make you cry) and realized he was a lefty..........with a rather large "fro". I told him this may be a bad idea. But he was insistent. He touched off a round and..........well he didn't want to do it again.

Another time a japanese tourist showed up there and wanted to film me firing my flinter up close and personal........same result.

I spent 3+ years years working up there, living out of a summer vacation cabin...through the dead of winter. I'm back in Lancaster County and not missing cutting firewood to stay warm.

(Pike County)

Went up today. The 25 yard range has been destroyed....again

(Pike County)

Went up Sunday morning for about a hour to test some .45 loads . The 25 yard line was in not to bad of shape compared to what it usually is. Left around 0945 after deciding its just a little to slippery.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast