Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Chester county area gun rally

Hello gentlemen this subject is posted in the Chester county section but I wanted to extend this to anyone that can attend. It was suggested that Chester county have a gun rally and has gotten some support but I thought that if I were to bring it up at a state level it might get a more populated following. I think a rally is Chester county would be great, specifically around West Chester and ending in front of the court house, or across the street from it.

What I would like to happen is that we meet Saturday February 9 either in the morning or at noon. There is a plaza called the Gay street plaza that I feel would be a good point to start then we could continue walking up Gay street until it hits Market street about 8 blocks then walk market until it hits Matlack street up high street bringing us back to Gay street then eventually meeting up again with Market street where the Court house is and maybe hanging out around there for a while its basically a square and a half. I think it would be best to hold posters that are not on stakes and keeping it polite, as we all know that the media only picks up on the negative, but I still feel we should carry a firm message with us, and practice our rights to carry during so. I have seen many rallies being done in West Chester with the same basic outline. We need to do this sooner then later I feel so that why the early date is posted. I have never quarter backed one of these rallies before so if someone with more experience would like to chime in that would be awesome. I have a bunch of friends on WCPD State police etc and some contacts within the Courthouse. If anyone would like to message me to help me set this up or show some support for it that would be great. Folks we need to be doing this everywhere, in every little town, everything helps. Again I am sorry for such a short notice but it has to happen. West Chester is only 45 minutes from Philadelphia, Redding Boyertown and Pottstown and just a tad over an hour from many other places like Harrisburgh York etc.

Anyway lets stand together on this and try to make this happen. Contact me for anything that you wish to say. questions comments and concerns. I appreciate your time and your help, and I'm looking forward to it. Regardless I will be there.
    check out my Photo page: http://www.facebook.com/Blak1508

(Chester County)

Default Re: Chester county area gun rally

No answers to my post? I am sorry if I am not going about this the correct way, as I said I'd appreciate the help. This needs to be done though, even if we pick a later date, but we all know the sooner the better.

Please do not think I'm pushing for anyone to support this, I really figured that this thread would be full of responses by now. Well everybody let me know. I have myself and about 20 friends that are in, a few LEO, and a few Military. The more the merrier. Thanks again.

(Chester County)

So, what is the purpose? You talk about marching on the court house, for what? Is there anyone that will notice? Do you plan on letting the media know? Maybe having some speakers? Would you need a permit?

There are a lot of questions unanswered here and I think it'd be worth the time to slow down and make a plan rather than going off half-cocked and making a bad impression. You gotta remember West Chester is a college town and colleges tend to be full of libtards.

(Chester County)

Yes I have thought of everything you just wrote, I would hope that the purpose would be understood, I'm not trying to make this some big political show, I have realized that if I don't try to do something more then what I have been doing, that I'm part of the problem, I feel it's a good time for me and us even on a county level to say that we do not accept limitations to our constitution and publicly address it. I want what many others want and I want people in the community that feel the same to stand by me and get the word out and the point across.

I am all for slowing down and organizing this better. I just know the sooner the better but your absolutely right it should be organized down to the T. I know I am not the first person to think about doing this, and I know I will not be the last. I'm not one looking for public attention but when it comes to this and our constitution I will do what ever I have to in order to protect that.

I go to West Chester I'm a second semester full time grad student hoping to one day obtain my PhD in counseling and abnormal psychology. I am a D&A counselor full time, I know all about the University and the town itself, I also belong to the advocacy for Students to Concealed Carry, and do as much as I possibly can for that cause. I'm born and raised here and more importantly I think that this is a great idea, I think this would raise awareness that our constitutional rights are being challenged. Raise awareness on a micro level which I feel is where lots of our nations ignorance lies. Smaller communities, towns and counties need to raise this leve of awareness, educate and let others know that they too are being challenged and attacked on a constitutional level. I could go on and on but I will not.

As far as the media and permit. I will find out tmrw I have to be at the courthouse at around 1. I will also ask my friends in WCPD. I will also try to talk to Sheriff Welsh. I have met friended and have been in close contact with individuals that have air time on West Chester's radio station WCHE 1520 AM etc As far as more media I really really doubt that will be an issue I will make some calls. I am also going to see if I can get the range I belong to, to help out.
    One thing I don't have a contact too is a Speaker, I'd need help in that department, of course I'd speak and I feel it may be good to hear from a local person but I agree that more are needed on a different scale.
    So cool thank you for asking those questions. As I get more information I will let the community know ASAP.