Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Opinion wanted

(Pike County)

Default Opinion wanted

I've been shooting at PA SGL ranges for many years. I'm a stickler for both firearms safety and range rules. I, like many feel like I was sucked in by the new range permit rules, thinking if it goesx into maintenance then it's worth it. Nope. Just a money making operation. That being said, as an answer to the constantly destroyed backstops I've built a target stand. I took measurements of current backers and sized my holder the same. I'll only use it directly in front of the SGL backer. There is NO metal. All wood doweled and glued. Do you think I'll get harassed for this?
    Mike V
    NRA Life/Endowment Member
    Better people be distressed by my freedom than my oppression

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Opinion wanted

my opinion?
    yes, you might be harassed

should you? HELL NO

there are PLENTY of people up there that rightfully DESERVE harrassing - they should be concentrating on THEM

let us know how it goes
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

I know I hate that I would really like to bring some steal targets out to sylph but haven't done so in fear on being harrassed by people who don't even shoot, or cant hit their target.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian1313 View Post
    I know I hate that I would really like to bring some steal targets out to sylph but haven't done so in fear on being harrassed by people who don't even shoot, or cant hit their target.
    I'd love to shoot steel but I can understand why thats not gonna happen at the SGL ranges. I just think its stupid to harass someone who obviously put some thought into designing a safe and compatible target stand, to make up for the sh*t condition of the target holders on site...
    Mike V
    NRA Life/Endowment Member
    Better people be distressed by my freedom than my oppression

(Pike County)

Best thing to do is find someone with their own private range or large parcel of property. I was once invited to use the property of the owner of Wallenpaupack sport. Nice little spot where bowling pins and steel targets were erected. I haven't been back there since but I'm going to ask him about it the next time I'm at the shop.
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

You might, but I would do it just so I could shoot. Just don't leave anything behind. I heard they are giving fines for littering for not taking all your targets with you. Ridiculous fines, over $100. They should fine people for being stupid instead of loading too many rounds and not taking your targets.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    You might, but I would do it just so I could shoot. Just don't leave anything behind. I heard they are giving fines for littering for not taking all your targets with you. Ridiculous fines, over $100. They should fine people for being stupid instead of loading too many rounds and not taking your targets.
    I received a written warning last month for firing 8 rounds out of my nephews Glock. Nobody's fault but my own. I should have kept count as I was firing. But it was only me, my nephew and his friend there at the time.

I wanted to make a target stand to set up about 10 yards out from the benches on the 25 yard range. But didn't bother because I'm sure there would have been a huge problem.